Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today has the makings of a good day.

My mom's surgery went well. Thank goodness, my stress level is much better today! I think today will be a great day. Yesterday it was 80 degrees, which meant that it only got down to 50 degrees overnight, which meant that we slept with the windows open. Couple that with the fact that Blake slept until 5 this morning and I am a happy momma today. We went to Costco yesterday and we bought a ginormous container of strawberries, yum! We had strawberry shortcake for dinner last night and Mylie and I had strawberry pancakes for breakfast.

I'm off here in a little bit. Mylie is going to Alicia's today and Blake is going to work with me. But first I have to take my car in to get a tire replaced. This will be the 6th tire replaced in 3 years, plus I bet I have had at least 3 tires patched. Tires do not love me. You wouldn't guess I'm the granddaughter of a tire man. Then it is off to luch with Jeff and my friend Linda. Then into work for a bit. No appointments scheduled, but a good opportunity to catch up on the piles of paperwork that await me.

Speaking of tires, being a grown-up sucks. LOL! Normally I would be excited about this economic stimulus check headed our way, but when you are a grown-up, you have to do grown-up things with it. One of the grown-up things we have to do is put new tires on Jeff's car. Anyone doing anything fun with their money?

And one funny Mylie story for the day. Yesterday out of the blue she says to me, "Mom, I want some skechers." What the heck? She is 3! "Mylie," I ask, "how do you know what skeckers are?" "I saw the commercial and now I want some." Oh my, I should email them and tell them that their marketing is really good.

4 comments:

jonutz gang said...

I am so glad everything well with your mom's surgery. Tell her we are praying and send her all our love. Glad all is going well. love ya

Katie said...

Glad the surgery went well. Dani is sitting in a 'bumbo' seat in that pic on my blog. It's like the chair Marshall is sitting in on Julieanee's blog. If you don't have one, you should get one for Blake. They're great chairs and Dani loves sitting in it. Although, Jenna wasn't such a big fan.

Ashlee said...

I just love that you keep this up! I just had to catch up fro a few days and realized how much I've missed in your crazy life! I'm glad mom's ok. You have great parents! I remember spending the weekend there, back when we were young and impulsive! Cute, funny kids, too!

Lyndsay said...

Hi Steph- I'm finally getting around to comment on people's blogs. Your family is darling! It was fun to see pictures of your mom and dad with your kids- aren't grandparents great? Glad all went well with your moms surgery. Thanks for the comments on my blog- it's fun to renew old friendships-