Mom and Dad just couldn't get enough of Blake ... but really, he is so stinkin' cute, I can't get enough of him either. It had been about 6 weeks since they saw Blake last and of course he has grown so much. He was so smiley and Mylie had him laughing for them. It was a great visit.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
But Mom, I miss Grandma and Papa so much!
We had a special treat today with my Mom and Dad coming to visit. Mylie is head over heels in love with both sets of her grandparents, and she is always so happy when she gets to see either of them. Today was no exception. They met us at Mylie's soccer this morning and she enjoyed showing off. Afterwards we went to lunch and then Mylie was excited because she got to go in Papa's big truck and go to the 4-wheeler store. (This is the part of the day where she sits on the small 4-wheelers and then comes home and tells us she wants one.) We spent the afternoon at our house, Mylie had to show them everything, the backyard, her room, the can of paint for her new room. She played and played, and went on a walk with Grandma and Papa. When it was time for them to leave, my heart broke right along wth hers. As they were getting in the truck she got really quiet and her eyes welled up with tears. I picked her up and she buried her head in my shoulder and sobbed, "But Mom, I miss Grandma and Papa so much!" Even though she is such a busy, crazy, little girl, she is so tenderhearted.
Mom and Dad just couldn't get enough of Blake ... but really, he is so stinkin' cute, I can't get enough of him either. It had been about 6 weeks since they saw Blake last and of course he has grown so much. He was so smiley and Mylie had him laughing for them. It was a great visit.


And one last note ... if you are reading this then you are my friend or family, so if you could, would you mind saying an extra prayer on Monday for my Mom? She is having surgery that day and although I know she will be OK, I just love her so much and want everything to go smoothly and want her to have a quick recovery. The kids and I will be going over on Thursday morning and stay until Monday to help. Mylie is counting down the days until we go. She can't wait to see her Grandma and Papa again!
Mom and Dad just couldn't get enough of Blake ... but really, he is so stinkin' cute, I can't get enough of him either. It had been about 6 weeks since they saw Blake last and of course he has grown so much. He was so smiley and Mylie had him laughing for them. It was a great visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your mom and dad look great. I hope the surgery went well today. I was thinking of her!
Post a Comment