Sunday, May 4, 2008

Over the river and through the woods ...

Well we have had a great weekend so far. Thursday morning the kids and I left to come to Idaho Falls to stay and help with my mom after her surgery. But let me back up ... I seriously, honestly was completely ready to leave at 7. This is a feat. I am not a morning person and add two kids in and it makes it even tougher. But the car was packed the kid's jackets were on and I was just getting ready to buckle Blake in his car seat. My cell phone rings and it is my Dad asking if I have left yet. He tells me not to hurry because IT IS SNOWING and apparently the road between Burley and Raft River was terrible and there was a chance it would get closed. What the heck? MAY 1ST!!! So we waited a bit and I checked the online traffic report and it didn't look like the road was closing. So we leave about 7:35 and I hit all of the school and commuting traffic and it is 8:30 by the time we even get to the freeway. Ugh. By 8:45 Mylie is asking how much longer to Grandmas. Lucky for me, both kids slept most of the way, I got to listen to a CD that had no kids music on it. That is a rare event. (And the roads were fine, but there was snow all along the side of the road from Burley on ... spring, where are you?)

Our time here has been good though. I don't feel like I have done much to take care of my Mom, but I have really enjoyed just spending the time with her. Mylie is so cute, if we would leave the house for anything, before we could go she had to make sure that someone was there to take care of Grandma. She has had a great time, she loves being here with Grandma and Papa. She went with Papa to run errands on Saturday morning and went on a 4-wheeler ride today. Mylie, Papa and I also went to the cemetary today to take flowers to my Grandma Ritchie's grave as it was her birthday yesterday. Papa Hammond came over today for dinner and also on Friday, and on Saturday we went to see Papa Jack. Ben and Holli and the kids were here on Friday and Saturday, and there is nothing that Mylie loves more than playing with her cousins. The are so cute together! Holli's dad took pictures of all the kids together for us for a mother's day present for my Mom. It was great to have him take them, then Holli and I could position (and bribe) the kids. They turned out so cute and I will post pictures when I get back.

Bailey had also been here since Thursday night to help and we have had fun together (and Court, we MISS you!). I think Mylie almost made Bailey cry tonight because after our girl party, watching "Enchanted," Bailey was putting Mylie to bed and Mylie kept saying, "But Bailey, I'll miss you so much when you go back to Utah! I'll really, really miss you."

And one funny story ... this time about Max. The other night Ben and Holli and the kids were leaving and Bailey and Mylie were out telling them goodbye. Max says, "I love you," and Bailey says, "I love you too." Then Max (4) replies with, "I was talking to Mylie you idiot!" I about keeled over with laughter when Bailey came in and told me. Gotta love these kids.

We head back tomorrow afternoon as I have to be back to work on Tuesday. We miss Jeff and are excited to see him. He has been super busy with house projects this weekend ... somethings are just easier to do without kids around. But I love him forever because he got Mylie's room painted, carpet cleaned and everything moved in. Mylie can't wait to see it when we get home, and neither can I.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Mylie's room is all done. You have a keeper.. If mine painted a room I would be scared and clean carpets he would not know what that meant.. Hee Hee. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. See you when you get back Alicia

JCLS said...

So when did YOU start calling the Grandpa's Papa? Or is Mylie writing the blog???

Katie said...

Can't wait to see the pics of Mylie's room. Sounds like you had a fun time in IF. I wish I could head there for a weekend!!