
Or moments like Saturday afternoon when Daddy is trying to take an afternoon nap and Mylie brings in her Barbies (actually she has one Barbie and a Shaggy doll) to play with Daddy.
"Daddy they are on a date and are going to have true loves kiss!"
So moments like this make me forget about crayon on the wall, a screaming baby, a sink full of dishes and how tired I am. They make me smile and laugh and remind me how lucky I am, that I have two beautiful children who are healthy and happy, a daughter who is hilarious and wants to be like me, a baby boy who has the perfect cheeks for zerbers, a husband who loves us all and works hard for us, and a job that only takes me away from them 2-3 days a week. I think when frustration is mounting it is so easy to just look at the things that are hard and forget about everything that is so wonderful ... at least I am guilty of this. So we are off to Idaho Falls this weekend, and instead of being stressed that the baby is going to cry the whole way there, that I still need to pack and that gas is darn near $4/gallon, I am going to focus on how excited I am that we get to spend the whole weekend together, that Mylie gets to play with her cousins for two days straight, that I get to spend part of the day at the Parker Cemetary (one of my favorite places, I am weird) and start to teach Mylie about our family history, like Grandma taught me about it while decorating graves. I am going to be grateful that we have cars to fill up with $4/gallon gas and that we are close enough to "home" to be able to spend a weekend there. Yep, there is a lot to be grateful for.
2 comments:
Oh so true how we all complain and really don't see the big picture. Thanks for your wonderful insight! Your truly an amazing person who I respect so much.
Awesome attitude! Boy it's hard to see the good in 4$ a gallon- way to be a "half-full" kind of gal!
Post a Comment