This morning, my dear sweet friend/sitter, Alicia, had a doctor's appointment and she asked if I could come and watch the kids while she was gone. No problem, because she goes out of her way to work with Jeff and I's crazy schedules. Seriously, there is no way that we would have made it through the 10 weeks Jeff was gone at POST without her. Anway, I digress. She needed me to be there at 8. Now mornings have never been my thing, but mornings with 2 kids ... I was nervous that we would never get there on time. But we got there at ten to 8, I was so proud. Did I mention that there were (including my 2) 8 KIDS THERE TODAY? Yikes ... but I have to tell you they were so good! There were 2 5-year olds, 1 4-years old, Mylie (3), 1 2-year old, 2 1-year olds and Blake. They all just play together so well, not one fight or arguement in the two hours I was there. I am tired, so I am rambling, but what I am getting at is hats off to you Alicia for having so much patience everyday ... that is a lot of kids! :)
And tonight was my last Youth Court for the school year. If I had the energy I would jump up and down. I still work in the summer and have quite a few things I have to do, but it is just so much more laid back. No Court to worry about, no new cases to process. I do have mounds, and I truly mean mounds, of paperwork to catch up on. But I am actually looking forward to just a couple straight days in the office getting everything up to speed. I have a big end of the year party with all of our student volunteers from 2 counties next week, a board meeting the following week, and then our banquet for all our adult volunteers and scholarship recepients the following week. I decided this week that I have just really got to clear my plate. I really love working in juvenile justice and particpate in many statewide committees and boards, but I decided that I can't participate in everything. I have just taken on too much. I have this bad habit of doing that, like I want to prove that I can do everything. But really, no one cares! I already have my dream job, so it isn't like I am trying to put myself in a position to advance into something else. Again, another ramble ....
And a couple funny Mylie coversations that happened in the first 5 minutes after I got home from work. I go upstairs to change my clothes and she joins me and turns on the TV. I ask her why she is turning on the TV and she says to watch cartoons. I explain to her that it is night and there aren't any cartoons on, she tells me that she is just going to watch the news and see what the weather is doing! LOL! Then I tell her that I will be right back because I am going to go potty, she says, "Just go Mom, you don't have to tell everyone!" Oh my.
OK, 10:21, all I have left to do is iron ... dishes will have to wait until morning. In bed by 11? We'll see.
1 comment:
You need a vacation. After reading the list of things you had to do my list of keeping my house clean and seeing what I can buy next does not compare. Good luck. You are a amazing momma. Love ya
Post a Comment