Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random thoughts on today ...

  • It was a beautiful day today and we had nothing scheduled in the day. This morning the kids and I went on a walk for an hour. Blake loved snoozing in the stroller, I loved the exercise and Mylie loved picking every dandelion we saw. It was a great start to the day that I hope we can continue it on all the days I am home.
  • I got a new camera lens today. I sold my old camera (to Bailey) and used the money to buy a new lens for my new camera. It has been a long wait for it to get here, all week I have been kicking myself for not paying for quicker shipping. I felt like it was coming on the UPS bike route from New York. But it arrived today and I am excited. I didn't get to play too much ... just snapped a bunch of pictures of Blakey. The problem now, my camera bag isn't big enough!
  • It is supposed to be in the 90s the next few days. I am afraid we have offically skipped spring and are headed directly into the hot Boise summer, ugh.
  • My back, which has been absolutely killing me the past week, feels much better today.
  • And, my lilacs smell so good! Totally my favorite flower of all time. I love its color and its smell, but also all the memories it takes me back to. My Grandma Hammond had lilacs and their smell totally reminds me of Memorial Day and the Parker cemetary. My Grandma Ritchie had them in her backyard. Yep, lilacs remind me of my Grandmas.

5 comments:

holly said...

your background is way cute! don't you love those days when you really have nothing planned and everyone is just in "chill" mode?

Unknown said...

Steph, your kids are beautiful! I'm so glad we could meet! -Laura

B said...

The other day these cute little girls were selling lilacs on the side of the road and I stopped and bought some. They make my classroom smell so good!

Angie T. said...

Stephanie, you have a beutiful family! It has been a long time! It sounds like things are going well. I would love to catch up. Hillary sent me your link. I hope you don't mind. It has been fun reading about your family! I would love to hear from you. Angie

What A Beautiful Life said...

I love your blog layout. You need to tell me some tips and tricks for my blog! Cute kids, I love their smiles. It was nice meeting you and can't wait to get together and take some pictures.