So one thing I like about my job is that I can justify working lunches often, like almost everyday that I work. They aren't really working lunches, but lunches with my friends who work in the same field as I do. I used to tell Jeff jokingly that I had a working lunch and now that is what all my lunch dates are refered to as. Even Alicia knows, when I drop off the kids and she asks what I am doing that day and I respond that I have a working lunch, that she should laugh and roll her eyes.
So here is to my girlfriends and our working lunches:
Angie - without a doubt our once a month lunch happens at Casa Maria, they have THE best chips and salsa ever. I salivate just thinking about it. They know us there.
Linda - we usually have lunch 1-2 times a month. This one acutally is a working lunch oftentimes (at least the first half of it). We aren't tied to a particular place and we vary our choices.
Janelle and Pam - always at La Costa (limited choices in Emmett). Janelle and I usually go to lunch every 1-2 months and not quite as often with Pam. But I had lunch with these dear ladies today and it was wonderful!
Mel - its an Italian lunch (usually) but varies where. Mel and I try so hard to go to lunch at least once a month. It is virtually impossible for us to fit all our conversation into one hour and it usually lasts at least 2 hours. The thing I love about lunch with Mel is that we always split dessert ... something chocolate and fattening.
Donna - a true working lunch, about every 3 months or so. She works at the Supreme Court and we collaborate on things. We didn't know each other at all and then a couple years ago we had the opportunity to go to a training in Denver together and it was such fun. Our lunches always take place at Chicago Connection, which has the best salad bar. Sometimes a judge joins us.
Janelle and Dois - we are working on implementing a monthly lunch, an actual working one also. We rotate between Caldwell, Emmett and Homedale.
LOL! Who knew I could write a whole post about going out to lunch. But really, I love it. Its funny because these lunches out are so much more than just eating at a restaurant, these are the times that I connect with my working friends. So as you can tell, my noon hour schedule is pretty booked ... especially considering I only work 2-3 days a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment