Poor Blake has been sick. He has been congested for about a month, has had really running nose since Thursday. Saturday night his temp was 101.1, Sunday night is was 103.5 and yesterday morning it was 104.3. Of course our pediatrician is on vacation this week. I took him to the Urgent Care center and he has an ear infection. Poor little dude. He seems much better today and chugged a whole bottle for the first time in days! He isn't liking his medicine regimine though. He hates the ammoxicillian, can tolerate the tylenol and motrin, seriously hates the nose drops, and kind of just ignores the ear drops. Last night when I was giving one of his medicines he didn't want it and was gagging on it and then he puked, like the most ginormous baby puke ever. I didn't even think he had ate that much in the last few days. Apparently I was wrong. The crazy thing is that he didn't cry or anything, he was laughing afterwards. What a weirdo.
So yesterday was a pretty mellow day. Jeff came home around lunchtime to watch Mylie so I didn't have to take her with me (thank you Jeff). She is sick too, but just a cold. Her cold medicine is having the opposite effect. Instead of it making her sleepy, she is crazy hyper (and driving me crazy lol). I had a ton of things to do around the house yesterday and got none of them done, so perhaps today will be better.
Next topic of discussion ... what is up with gas prices and prices of everything? It is ridiculous! Everything is going up but wages. So my question to everyone is, what are you cutting back on or what are your frugal tips? We are cutting out our eating out (such a bad habit, but such a hard habit to break). I used to be really good about grocery shopping off a menu and so I'm starting to do that again. We are toying around with the idea of cancelling our satellite, but are still pondering this one. Pretty much the only catch for us is sports, no baseball (well maybe a Saturday game), no college football, and the big one, no UFC. Regarding driving, I have never really felt like I had to consolidate trips before, but I totally do now. On days we are home, we just stay home. OK, so share them ... please share your frugal tips with me!
3 comments:
I don't know any frugal tips but I would love to learn some .. No matter what i do it seems like I spend more. HElP. Glad bubba is feeling better.. I will check back for the tips..
Well, It sounds like Stpeh and I are on the same line of thinking. We are trying to consolidate trips, eating out less (so far we haven't done good at this one), trying to do the menu thing (I HATE THAT) and totally budgeting groceries. We've also been doing some cleaning out around the house and selling some things on craigs list.
Carpooling, not using the dryer, making dinner at home almost every night, recycling a lot more (more enviromental)..... That's just a few... :)
Post a Comment