Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our week at Grandma and Papa's

First a couple other Jackson pictures (they were on my other camera).
Blake having ice cream.
Need I say more?
After our super fun weekend in Jackson, Jeff had to go back to work and the kids and I stayed at Grandma and Papa's house for the week. Ben and Holli and the kids were there and Bailey was there too. We had so much fun. A couple of the highlights ... Monday night my friend Jaimee and I got together. We have been friends since high school and both went to U of I. She is awesome and I love her. She and her husband Steve (also a good friend) live in Alaska, so needless to say we don't see each other that often. It's been about 3 years since I have seen her. She has an adorable two year old little boy and on Monday night she and I and the 3 kiddos went to ice cream and then took the kids to go play. We were so busy catching up I didn't even get any pictures of Mylie and Michael playing together. I did get one picture ... Mom, Dad and Ben might appreciate this one. We went to my old elementary school to play. It's been 20 years (yikes) since I was in elementary school, so things have changed a bit. They have all new playgrounds ... except this. The old red slide is still there.
One morning Holli, Bailey and I took the kids to the zoo. Holy cow! The Idaho Falls zoo has changed a lot since I have been there and it is awesome! The kids had such a fun time.

I even got video of them in the petting zoo.


I was also able to visit my friend/2nd cousin Hillary and Mylie was able to play with her two cuties, Alex and Lorin. Mylie and Alex are just a couple months apart. They had a great time and he had such fun showing her his ginormous swingset and their house. It seems like although we go to Idaho Falls often it is so busy and such a quick trip that Hillary and I never get together. Next time we voted for grown-ups night out and the Grandmas (our moms are cousins) can keep the kiddos.

One day Holli and I took the kids (all 5 of them) to Veggie Tales, which actually was really cute. Blake was enthralled by all the colors and watched about 2/3 of it and then zonked. We had another party at Papa Hammond's one night which is always a treat. Bailey and I went to Bajio for lunch one day and we all hit the Godfather's lunch buffet one day also. Mylie got to go on the 4-wheeler twice, once with Papa and once with Bailey and Max.

We had a great time. Mom was off work on Friday and drove us to Twin Falls where Jeff met us. We all had a nice lunch together and then Grandma headed back to Idaho Falls. Lucky us though, we get to see them next Saturday when they cruise through Boise on their motorcyles. I know they are excited to see us too, plus there is an added bonus, lunch at Goodwood!

It is fun to travel, but it is also nice to be home. It seems to be taking a bit to adjust this time, but I guess Mylie went from excitement every second (Max) to boring (Mom). Oh well. The kids are finally starting to feel better too ... thank goodness! Blake will now roll all the way across the room, it is funny to watch. I am going to start him on solids this weekend. I didn't want to start him right before vacation, then we got home and he was sick, so I think we'll start this weekend. Not that he needs it, when we went to the doctor on Monday he weighed over 19 lbs. Yep, he's our Bubba!

2 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Let me tell ya something, I LOVE the Idaho Falls zoo too!! I took my husband to the zoo there last year. He was so excited to learn Idaho Falls had a zoo! And it was awesome. It's cheap, and it's small. But it has just enough animals to keep you entertained. I went to the Phoenix zoo in March, and it was just too big. We spent most of the day just walking around to find the animals! It sucked, and was expensive! I'll take the IF zoo over all of them! And I love the monkeys there! I'm pretty much obsessed with them ;)

Jenn said...

Looks like you all had a great time! LOVE that old slide! I'm surprised it's still standing - hard to find those old ones around anymore! :)