Monday, July 14, 2008

The 5th of July Part 1: String Lake

The next morning we were off to the mountains. OK, technically I guess we were already in the mountains. But we headed to String Lake for a picnic and fun. How beautiful is the scenery?
Here is Dad in the canoe. Jeff decided that he and Mylie and I ought to go on a canoe ride. But there are some canoe stories. Forever ago, when Courtney graduated from High School (2001) our family went on a cruise. Ben, Courtney, Bailey and I decided to go sea kayaking as one of our excursions. Bailey and I were in the kayak together. Not sure I can paint an accurate picture of this,but just imagine the boat going in a lot of circles and a lot of yelling. I just thought Bailey was crappy at it. Fast forward to a few years later. Jeff and I are at the cabin with my parents and we decided to float the river ... my parents in one canoe and Jeff and I in the other. This was the first time I'd gone on the canoe with Jeff and I wanted to show him what an outdoorsy type woman that I was. Picture the canoe crashing (at full canoe speed) into the bank of the river and Jeff flying out of the canoe. Apparently it wasn't Bailey who was the one who sucks at canoeing. And now, he wants me to go in the canoe with him and take our baby? My Dad is shaking his head, he can see the writing on the wall. But alas, we made it, Mylie thought it was super cool, I sat like a frozen statue, only paddling when Jeff told me to. It is kind of funny now that I think about it.
Mylie also went on a canoe ride with Papa and Aunt Courtney.
Blake slept through all the fun. Notice his cheek ... Eliza loves him and just couldn't keep her sandy hands off of him.
Gorgeous!

No comments: