Jeff and Blake have fit in some naps in the recliner. I have so many pictures of Jeff and Mylie in this same pose when she was Blake's age.
Mylie is getting so grown up. She is writing her name and and doing great with her letters. While Blakey was napping today we spent some time reading and she was just amazing me with how smart she is. She is loving riding her bike and has already had to have one tire replaced on it (she is so my kid). She is so dang tall and already wears size 5T and some girls size 5. Yep, she is still 3 years old.
Jeff is busy at work, but things are getting better there. He has really helped bring about a turnaround in his department in the 4 months he has worked there. In fact, his boss' boss told him today that things have improved there faster than he thought they would. Yay Jeff!
I have just been working about one day a week this month which is a nice thing about summer. Still, I don't feel like I've done a ton of fun things with the kids. But I do enjoy fun moments, such as Mylie and I reading while Blake is napping, watching cartoons with Mylie and Blake in my bed in the morning, and watching the two of them interact. It is the most adorable thing when they see each other for the first time in the morning. Both of their faces break out into the biggest grins ever, so dang cute!
Next weekend we head to Utah for a family reunion. We leave early Friday morning and will drive to Salt Lake and go to Hogle Zoo and then the reunion starts that night in Provo and is all day Saturday. We are going to drive back Saturday night (it is about 6 hours each way ... without stops) so it will be a lot of driving. But it will be fun and we are excited!
3 comments:
that looked like great fun. I can't believe July is over either.. stop into my blog I finally updated..
I hope you all have a good time in Utah!
Mylie and Maddie have a lot in common, besides their birthdays. Maddie can write her name, loves Spongebob, and wears a size 5. When did our babies grow up?!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Hey sounds like your summer has been awesome. I miss summer:). Glad time is going fast that means your having some sort of fun right. Miss you. I will write a book just for you of the great adventures here. I know you would be laughing with me on so many of these crazy things.
Post a Comment