- Mylie had some starbursts left from yesterday and she snuck them this morning. At lunch I told her that she wouldn't get a treat after her lunch because she ate her candy already. So as she is saying the blessing on her food she says, "Please bless that Heavenly Father will give me more candy." Yikes!
- Mylie hasn't napped in years, but after lunch she has quiet time in her room. She has a great imagination and plays quite well by herself. While she was in her room I finally took a shower. When I went down to check on her, she was sound asleep under the table in her room.
- This afternoon while Blakey was napping, she climbed up on my lap and we looked through her scrapbooks for 45 minutes. Such a sweet afternoon.
- Tonight we went to dinner, {because of my earlier post about not eating out, I feel like I need to justify myself, LOL! Jeff's parents (love them) sent us a gift card to Olive Garden, so yummy!} and while we were waiting for our food Mylie was coloring. She drew a piture of herself and then said to Daddy, "Daddy can you guess who this is? She is gorgeous, has pretty hair and is wearing a Dora dress." I love that she has self-confidence!
- After dinner we had to run to Costco. When you leave you have to show them your receipt (seriously, it makes no sense to me). Mylie's job is to show the receipt. The people at our Costco always draw a smiley face on the back for kids. So as we are leaving Mylie is inspecting the picture and says, "That guy doesn't draw very good. He didn't draw legs for me."
The point of this post ... I love this kid. Looking back at her books today it amazes me how much she has grown, how much she has learned. She is such a sweet, funny, smart, beautiful girl. I'm still amazed that I get to be her momma!
2 comments:
Steph! I love your blog! I love the Bar J Wranglers!! They are so funny! We just saw them back in February, they came down to Weber high school and performed one night. I havent' seen them since my honeymoon 16 years ago. LOL
What a sweet post!
Just leave it to kids to bluntly say what they are thinking! :)
Looking through old scrapbooks really makes you stop and think for awhile, doesn't it? Glad you had a good day with your family. :)
Post a Comment