Tuesday, January 22, 2008
What in the ...
So last night, after dinner, Jeff, Mylie and I are just hanging out watching a Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris movie. Mylie is sitting on my lap and it is just a nice quiet night. All of a sudden Mylie says, "What in the hell?" Jeff looks at her and says "what did you say?" I bury my head in the blanket to try not to laugh as she repeats it to him. After we get our bearings, we explain to her that hell is not a nice word and she shouldn't say it. I ask her where she heard that word and she said ever so sweetly "Melanie." Now the hilarious thing is that if you know Melanie, you know that she did not teach Mylie that. Then I realize that this is a perfect "A Christmas Story" moment. Totally reminicient of Ralpie when he drops the F-bomb and his mom asks him where he learned that word ... I wonder if Mylie's three-year old brain had the same thought process as Ralphie's. "I had heard my mother say that same word every day of my young life, but I couldn't say that so I blurted out the first name I thought of ...." Note to self, I either need to employ the "earmuffs" tactic from "Old School," or think before I speak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is hillarious. Oh I don't think I could compose myself. Trysten said the other day when he gets nervous he puts his hands in his pockets and squeezes his balls. I had to leave the room for that one and then come back and explain. Where did that come from? Melanie huh does she know this?
Hey Stephenie! It's Lachelle! I saw your blog on Court's page. I can't believe how grown up your little girl is!! And apparently she's got quite the mouth on her ;) That's hilarious! You gotta love those little kids!
My son was about that age when he blurted out "Oh my G_ _" I asked him where he heard it. He got it from the cartoon movie "Iron Giant" and I didn't even notice that it said it. I had to watch it to see if it really said it and the boy actually says it quite a bit. I was amazed. It is amazing what the pick up.
Are you sure it wasn't Grandpa Craig?!?
Post a Comment