Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Waiting rooms and weigh-ins

Miss Mylie has had a cold and a cough since late last week. She and I spent the weekend at home and she was feeling much better yesterday, I thought she had finally kicked it. Poor baby woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning crying and saying that her ear hurt. Jeff is the sweetest Daddy ever and had her all snuggled up with him in the rocking chair by the time I got downstairs. We called her doctor this morning, who is just great, and they got us in right away. She did so good at the doctor's office. She took her boots right off and climbed up on the scale (just like Momma does at her doctor). She is a whopping 40 pounds. She sat up on the table and let Dr. Miller check her ears, throat, tummy, heart, everything. Not one whine at all. She does have an ear infection and she also has this weird rash, that I can't remember the name of now. She has had it just on her face for a few days but it started on her neck a bit today. It is some form of strep virus if I understood him correctly. She is now on antibiotics and a cream for the rash and will hopefully be feeling better soon.

Then it was off to my doctor for my weekly appointment. All week I could tell the baby was still laying sideways, but last night I seriously could feel him change positions. And today he was head down, I am dilated to nearly a 3 and 50% effaced! Just when I didn't think I could be any happier, my doctor asks if I would like to have the baby Sunday, as she is on call that day and will induce me then if I want. She didn't have to ask me twice and we are scheduled for 7:00 a.m. that morning. That is if the baby doesn't come before then, which the doctor and I both suspect might happen.

Mylie is geared up to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Breach while I am in the hospital. She is so excited to have a sleepover with them! I am so happy they only live 45 minutes away. I also feel lucky to have some great friends who have offered to help with Mylie however they can. It is so different this time, planning and all. All Jeff and I had to worry about when we went to the hospital with Mylie was feeding the dogs, there is a little more to it this time. That has been my biggest worry about having this baby, not the delivery, pain, or even possibility of a c-section, but making sure that Mylie felt safe and secure when we had to leave for the hospital. I don't know if this even makes sense, but it is kind of a weird feeling, knowing there are only a few days left of just Jeff, Mylie and I. Don't get me wrong, we are all super excited for Blakey to get here and we love him so much already, but it is strange that these are the last days of just the three of us. I must just be feeling hormonal ... imagine that!

6 comments:

Soguesswhat11 said...

oh wow, it's getting so close! I sure hope Mylie is feeling better soon, especially since there will be a new Breach in the mix soon.... and I totally understand your thoughts on wanting her to feel secure... I'm sure she will miss you of course, but with family and love surrounding her, she'll be fine. Just take care and I hope everything goes well for you this week!

jonutz gang said...

Hey I can't believe he's head down now. Good boy. Oh i am so excited for you. So I felt the same way about Trysten. It sorta feels like a loss in some way because it'll never be the same. But then the new baby fits in perfect. It only gets more complicated now. It's the sweetest thing to see your kids play together and the older one take care of the younger. I think your awesome and it's ok to be hormonal I am even with no reason.

UrgentCookie said...

I'm sorry that Mylie hasn't been feeling well. Good thing that Blake decided it was best to be head down. Very soon he will be here with his sister. :0)

mandijwaters said...

This is great news!! I will congratulate you a few days early on the new little guy. Here's hoping Mylie gets better real quick and that you and Blake do well too! Good luck on Sunday... I will keep you in my thoughts:p

Mandi

Jessica said...

Good luck, it will be great with 2 it is super fun. I remember someone telling me you will have a big break down the night before you are scheduled to have the baby, and I thought "no way"...well that night I was putting griff to bed and I was trying to explain to him what was happening and I just started crying - it does just hit you that your life will change and they won't be your only one any more. But believe me the kids adjust great! You will love it, good luck and I can't wait to see pics!

Ashlee said...

I'm so happy (and relieved!) for you that this pregnancy is almost over! I remember those last few days (but I was always sick and admitted for emergency c-section), knowing your life is going to drastically change overnight. It can be a scarey thought, but exciting as well. Good luck with it all and keep all of us updated!