Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A reminder

that all bad days come to an end. And that little ones are so cute and precious when they are sleeping to help us forget when they drive us crazy during the day! Today was a combination of neither Mylie or I getting enough sleep last night, me being uncomfortable and misreable, and her probably probably having a little cabin fever. She is such an independent 3-year old, which I always thought was great ... but she is definitely in a pushing the limits pattern lately. If she asks for something to eat and I say no, she gets a chair and climbs to the top of the pantry while I'm in the other room and gets it herself. If she is thirsty and I am in the shower, she climbs up to the cupboard, gets herself glass, gets the gallon of milk and pours herself a drink. I'm not sure what I am more worried about ... her taking a fall one of these days or her deciding that Blake needs to get out of his crib in the night and climbing up there and trying to get him out! I know that she is just testing out her upcoming role as a "big sister," but lets just hope that Momma has enough patience for it!

2 comments:

jonutz gang said...

Why are they so darn cute when they sleep? She is awesome. So good to talk to you today. I miss you. Hope things go well Tuesday.

UrgentCookie said...

It is so worth it that when they have bad days that we remember that we are to take care of these special spirits. Sometimes it is a struggle and we are glad when the day ends. :0)