A couple pictures from early in the weekend. From Friday at lunch ... what are you hiding there Blake?
Sunday was a quiet day (as quiet as days can get with two little ones). We went to church, came home, ate a yummy dinner and then went on a drive. The weather was nice and cool and I just love the feel of fall!
Today was busy with some errands and work. Jeff and I both had to go into our respective offices for a bit to get a few things done. He took Mylie and I took Blake. Blake was not content to sit while I worked. Today he was totally up on all fours shaking and wiggling, trying to figure out how to move. Good thing I didn't have too much to do, he was not up for working today. I called over to Jeff's office when I was done (our offices are about 3 minutes away from each other) and Mylie answered the phone, "This is the boss' office." Jeff got on the phone and apparently he wasn't getting too much done with Mylie there either. I reminded him that I know full well how difficult it is to work with Mylie around. I went over to pick her up and she and Blakey and I sat in the car in the parking lot listening to music so Jeff could hurry and finish up what he had to do. I asked her what she had been doing at Daddy's office and if she had drawn any pictures. She told me no and then launched into this long explanation about how she had been writing checks and then putting them on the jail chair (there is a chair at their office with handcuffs in case they have to arrest someone and are waiting for the jail to come and pick them up.) She told me that if she gave checks to the guys on the jail chair then they wouldn't need to go to jail. I asked Jeff what in the world they were talking about that brought on this conversation and he had no idea. I would seriously like to get in her mind sometimes.
After more errands we finally made it home. Both kids were a bit grumpy by then. Mylie was sitting on the couch trying to play with something and kept yelling, "I am so frus-ter-a-ted!" I had to hide my face. But eventually their smiles came back. Mylie was eating a sucker after dinner and Blake was quite interested in it. He is such a super cute super happy little dude. You can kind of see his two little bottom teeth in this one. He's growing so fast and will be 7 months this week. He gets a smile like this almost everytime he sees his sis.
So that is pretty much our weekend in review. It is 7:30 and the kids are both in bed, I am going to go make some cookies and we are going to watch "The Bucket List." I have such a busy week a head of me, but I am grateful for the structure that comes along with fall.
2 comments:
I love little kids' pictures! I love how the arms always come out of the head, and the heads always dwarf the sizes of the stick bodies :)
I'm glad that you enjoyed the soup. It does great as left overs. I will have to send you my recipe for chicken picatta.
Post a Comment