is when Jeff and I's love story began. At that time, I lived in Boise, was working for the Canyon County Probation Department and was teaching at BSU (in fact, Jeff's younger Matt was in my class that semester, I met him before I met Jeff). Jeff was living and working in Emmett as a parole officer and was also a K-9 officer. My friend Chrissy's husband, Rick, worked with Jeff and he mentioned that he might introduce us. I didn't think much of it. I had a pretty busy social life back then.
7 years ago today Chrissy, her sister-in-law, Tammy and I were going out to lunch. I remember that I was driving my red Jeep and we were headed down the Boulevard going to Great Western Pizza. I knew that Rick was meeting us for lunch but as we were driving Chrissy mentioned that Jeff was coming too. I totally remember checking my hair and make-up in the rear-view mirror. We met and chatted, but there were six of us there, so it was a little busy. We realized that we would both be attending a conference the next week and figured we could visit more then.
At the conference we hung out a little bit together and at the last class we attended Jeff leaned over to me and whispered, "When are you going to let me take you out to dinner?" I got butterflies in my stomach. That was on a Tuesday and I was going to Moscow to see some friends on the upcoming weekend, so we made plans for the following weekend. We emailed back and forth a bit and ended up going to lunch one day the next week. We were already getting to know each other by the time our date rolled around. Our date was for that Friday night and instead of going out for dinner, I offered to cook, which Jeff the bachelor readily agreed to. I still remember exactly what I made (pepper steak, baked potatoes, green beans, french bread and pie). Jeff showed up with a teddy bear and flowers, so cute! We ate and talked and then went to a movie. We went to see "Training Day" and it was kind of funny, because a guy that Jeff supervised on parole sat right in front of us. So romantic.
The following Monday was Columbus Day and both of us had it off of work. We decided we would drive to McCall for the day (about a 4 hour round trip). It is a gorgeous drive in the fall with all the leaves changing. We drove and laughed and talked and that was the day I knew. I knew this was the man that I would love forever, who I would have babies with, grow old with, laugh and cry with. I knew we were meant to be together.
Apparently Jeff knew too. Within a month we were engaged, within another month we had bought a house and two months after that we were married. I laugh, because I always said I would have to know someone for a year before I would marry them. I had a rule called the "seasons rule." I had to see what someone was like during very season before I could marry them. Apparently Jeff did well in fall and winter, because we were Mr. and Mrs. Breach before spring ever hit!
Lots of things have changed in those 7 years. We have had job changes and financial changes. We went from two working professionals to a family with two kids. We have learned together how to be parents. I remember thinking that I couldn't possibly love Jeff more than I already did, that is until I saw him hold Mylie for the first time. My heart nearly burst. And in the nearly 4 years since we have been parents, we have laughed more than we ever have, we have had more challenges than ever, and have been happier than we knew we could be.
If would have asked me 7 years and 1 day ago if I ever thought I would be this happy, I would have said no. I didn't know my heart had the capacity to love this much, but it must keep growing, because I keep loving Jeff, Mylie and Blake even more. 7 years and 1 day ago I didn't know what was in store for me, but true love snuck up on me and I am grateful for that every single day.
5 comments:
*wipes tear from eye* So sweet! What a great love story! You write it all so beautifully, too! :)
How did I not know that you guys didn't date for very long. Sounds as long as Thayer and I. Couldn't ask for more from a friend than to hear a beautiful story and hear they are truly happy. Love ya
I love that story! I don't know if I ever got all the details before now but I'm glad Jeff makes you so happy. You have such a cute fam!
That is such a sweet post! That is so cute! I love it, thanks for sharing it!
Your so sweet. Yeah for you and Jeff it's so nice to hear good love stories.. Love you!
Post a Comment