Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The last few days and the next few days ...

  • Friday night we drove to Twin Falls (about 2 hours away) to attend the open house of the new LDS Temple there. It was so beautiful and just a neat evening. Mylie picked our her fanciest dress to wear. I thought she would sleep on the way home (we didn't get home until 11), but she asked me to turn on her primary songs CD. Daddy and Blake slept the whole way and Mylie and I just sang songs. They are doing a Primary program this fall so she was asking me to help her practice her songs. It was so cute! (Photo courtesy lds.org)
  • Blake is starting to move. He rolls across the room, he gets on his tummy and lifts his bum up in the air and tries to scoot to what he wants. So funny. With Mylie I couldn't wait for her to do everything, to roll, to crawl,to walk, etc. With Blakey, I just want him to stay a little baby and snuggle me. If he starts crawling when Mylie did, I only have a little over a month left! Yikes.
  • I may have found a new favorite yogurt today ... pineapple upside down cake. So yummy!
  • Things are going to get crazy busy at work very soon. September is my busiest month as I spend the bulk of it at high school recruiting volunteers for Youth Court. I think I went to 18 high schools last fall.
  • I really really want to scrapbook! I got the new Stampin' Up! catalog from my friend Carey yesterday and looking through it just sparked my creativity. My scrapbooking room is a disaster right now, but I am off on Thursday so I am hoping to get it put back together.
  • Our friend John is doing so much better. The kids and I went to their house yesterday and he is up and moving around. When we got in the car Mylie said, "Mom, John is doing better. It must be from all those blessings I asked for him." Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am the one that is supposed to be teaching her.
  • Thursday night the kids are going to Grandma and Grandpa Breach's while Jeff and I go to dinner and to a community meeting about the new community college opening here.
  • Saturday is a packed day ... Helen's birthday party in the morning (a swimming party) and then my Dad is going to be here. He and Mylie have a busy afternoon of paddleboats, the zoo and the merry-go-round planned.
  • I signed Mylie up for fall soccer this week. She is in the 4 year old league and her team is the Pumas. Jeff is going to be her coach again. She can't wait!
  • And I am super tired already! Not having the satellite has been good for my sleeping. I have been going to bed so much earlier. In fact last week one night, I went to bed at 8 right after the kids. I think I'll head that way now.

1 comment:

Photo's by Shan said...

Steph, I love your blog! Your pics are so cute, and your kids are adorable! I love the birthday song about your dh. lol That picture of the temple is gorgeous, I wish I could take pictures like that!