please say an extra prayer for my friends John and Janelle tonight. John was in a bad motorcyle accident yesterday breaking 7 ribs, 1 vertebrae in his back, 3 bones in his neck and puncturing his lung. He had to be life flighted to the hospital. He had surgery today and appears to have full range of motion. With the vertebrae he broke in his back , apparently there is a 50% chance of paralysis. All seems to be good after surgery today. They had anticipated a 2 day stay in the ICU, but by this evening they had moved him to his own room.
My heart goes out to them. These are two of the nicest people you will ever meet, but they have had a series of unfortunate events, most recently, their house burning down last year while they were on vacation. I believe in the power of prayer and know they do too ... they could definitely use the prayers right now.
Mylie loves Janelle and calls her Gramma Nellie. I explained to her today that John was hurt and Daddy and I went to go visit him in the hospital. (I did not tell her that he got hurt while riding his motorcycle, as my Dad is at Sturgis right now on his bike and she is a very smart little girl and this would cause her even more concern.) Twice tonight, once at the dinner prayer and once at her bedtime prayer, all on her own, she asked Heavenly Father to help John feel better. Amazing how little children can reinforce the power of prayer and the faith in asking.
4 comments:
OK, so I just spent a gppd 10 mins updating myself on the life of Steph and fam. You're such a good blogger! I'd ask you to call me while in Utah, but it's obvious- with your schedule, that it's not going to happen. Maybe next time.
I will also pray for your friend and his fam. Jonathan broke his neck last fall from being thrown off a horse. Those kind of injuries can be so scarey! It's tough on everyone, but it sounds like everything should be fine. I hope so!
I meant "good", not gppd- I hate typing!
Prayers will be said. I feel so bad for them.
I'll be praying, too.
Post a Comment