We left early Friday morning, had lunch in Layton with one of my friends and her daughter. Then we met my Mom and Bailey at the hotel and took our virgin voyage to IKEA. Such fun, so ginormous and I totally think we wore out Mom. After shopping we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner and of course an obligatory trip to Target. I stayed at the hotel with Mom that night and Mylie had a sleepover with Bailey. Here is a shot of them before they left the hotel.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Girl Party!!
Mylie and I had such a fun girl's weekend, it was just what we needed. Before we left I asked Mylie what we should do during our girl's weekend. She said, "I was thinking we could shop and go out to eat." She is so my kid!
We left early Friday morning, had lunch in Layton with one of my friends and her daughter. Then we met my Mom and Bailey at the hotel and took our virgin voyage to IKEA. Such fun, so ginormous and I totally think we wore out Mom. After shopping we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner and of course an obligatory trip to Target. I stayed at the hotel with Mom that night and Mylie had a sleepover with Bailey. Here is a shot of them before they left the hotel.
And here is a squinty eye shot, because they both squint their eyes when they smile.
Saturday morning we got up and met Jalyn (my aunt) at Mimi's for breakfast. If you haven't had breakfast at Mimi's, you need to. Let's just say that the banana chocolate chip pancakes were so delish! Then we had to visit Tai Pan (a great home decor store) and Roberts (craft store). We just kept shopping and then Dana (my aunt) met us at Cheesecake factory for a late lunch/early dinner. Here is a beautiful self-portrait of Mylie and I waiting for our table.
After indulging in lunch AND cheesecake we went to Kohl's to go clothes shopping. So not our best idea. We were all exhausted that night. Sunday morning while Mom, Bailey and Jalyn went to church, Mylie and I went to Temple Square. It was such a fun morning, and good for just the two of us to spend some time together. One of the sister missionaries took our picture.
While we were in one of the visitor's centers I picked up a map of Temple Square for Mylie. She is totally into maps (I bought her a kid's atlas for the ride down and she gave me directions mimicking the exact sound of the GPS, hilarious!). She looked at the map, then looked around and wanted to go to the Conference Center. I had not been in it before, so we walked over and they were doing tours. It was so cool. It is so big and our tour guide said it holds 21,000 people! Holy moly! We got to go up on the roof, which Mylie thought was super cool. She definitely wanted a picture so she could show Daddy she was on the roof.
This is the view on the roof, so gorgeous.
After our tour, we went back over to Temple Square. Mylie was walking around with the map and befriended some sister missionaries who spent the next little while showing her around. One was from the Philippines and one was from Honduras. They were so sweet and it was fun to have them show Mylie around. Here they are consulting the map.
It was such a beautiful sunny day. I love visiting Temple Square and just have such a special feeling when I am there.
And some proof that spring is around the corner ....
After our visit to Temple Square we headed back to Bailey's apartment (with Mylie in the backseat saying, "in 9 miles, exit right") for lunch. Then it was time to go home. Poor Mylie tried so hard to stay awake and color (Grandma got her a new coloring book), but she was sound asleep before Layton and slept all the way to Burley. The ride back was uneventful. I kept myself awake with starburst jellybeans and diet coke. When Mylie woke we sang songs the rest of the way. We had such a great time!
We left early Friday morning, had lunch in Layton with one of my friends and her daughter. Then we met my Mom and Bailey at the hotel and took our virgin voyage to IKEA. Such fun, so ginormous and I totally think we wore out Mom. After shopping we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner and of course an obligatory trip to Target. I stayed at the hotel with Mom that night and Mylie had a sleepover with Bailey. Here is a shot of them before they left the hotel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun!! I love girl weekends. We are planning one in May. We are all going to participate in a 5k for breast cancer. I hope we make it!! Love the pictures. I enjoy reading your blogs.
That sounds like such a fun trip! I love that Mylie's a girl's girl- shopping, eating out... you've trained her well!
Looks and sounds like such a fun trip! I saw the pics of you and Shantel on her blog....:)
Sounds like an awesome trip, all the yummy places to eat and fun shopping! How great that Mylie will go and do that all with you! Glad you had fun, great pics!!
Post a Comment