Saturday, February 2, 2008

A myriad of thoughts ...

My brain has been swimming with thoughts all day today. I am going to see if I can get them all out, I think they are things I may want to remember.

**I spent the morning watching President Hinckley's funeral. I have been trying to been trying to put my thoughts about his death into words all week, but haven't been able to. I sat down as the broadcast began and they showed the stage of the conference center with an empty seat between President Monson and President Eyring and my tears began and continued for the next two hours. Afterwards I said to Jeff that it amazing that someone who you have never personally met can have such a profound influence upon your life. Listening to the remarks today I thought about how President Hinckley was sustained as the Prophet in 1996. I was in my last year at Ricks College. I stopped and thought about the 13 years that he was Prophet and the last 13 years of my life. During that time I graduated from Ricks, went on to U of I, graduated from college, moved to Boise, started my career, attended and completed graduate school, met and married Jeff and started my own family. I wonder if there will ever be a period of my life where I will make so many important decisions, as I have these last 13 years. And as I was pondering and praying about each of these things, President Hinckley was the Prophet. He was the one whose guiding words inspired me during conference talks, whose statements of "Stand a little taller" and "Try a little harder to be a little better" have influenced me. My heart is full today, but not just of sadness. I feel so blessed to have lived during this time, to have been privy to his counsel. I am reminded how grateful I am to know that there is a true and living Prophet of the Lord on this earth.

**Today could very well be the last day that I am ever pregnant. I don't know if Jeff and I will have more children after this baby and it is a strange feeling. Believe me, I am ready for this baby to be born and ready to not be pregnant anymore. But there is something so special about it. Being the only one to experience each of those little kicks and the wiggling. Knowing that there is a little person growing inside of you. It is amazing and a miracle and I am so glad I have been able to experience it!

**I miss Mylie today! Last night I was having very consistent contractions about 5 minutes apart. We decided that better safe than sorry and took Mylie to Jeff's parents. She was so excited on the 45 minute car ride and when we got there. Grandma had set up the air bed in the living room and she and Mylie were going to have a girl party sleepover on it. Grandpa had all planned to take her to McDonalds today. She took her suitcase and sleeping bag and was ready. I kept giving her hugs and hugs but she was so happy to be there, no tears at all! My contractions continued after we left and were even getting stronger. We decided to go home and wait until they got a bit closer together and then head to the hospital. We got home and I was really tired so I figured I'd lay down for a bit. Next thing I know it was 9:00 this morning and I was feeling fine. Silly baby! Since I am being induced tomorrow morning there wasn't much sense in going and getting Mylie for a few hours ... so it was a strange day without her. We called her this morning and she told me all about sleeping on the big bed with Grandma and having cereal for breakfast. I started to ask her more questions and she told me, "Momma, I'm playing cars with Grandpa, I have to go!" It makes me happy that she is having a fun time there. Jeff and I have just had leisurely day. We went to lunch this afternoon and did some laundry this afternoon. Assuming I don't go into labor in the next few hours I am sure we will be watching the pay-per-view UFC fight tonight.

**Tomorrow is the big day! I wasn't induced with Mylie, so it is strange knowing that tomorrow for sure Blakey will be here. There is something about snuggling a newborn, so fresh from Heaven, I am excited. I am really excited to introduce Mylie to Blake tomorrow too and watch as their friendship begins. One of the greatest blessings in my life is my friendship with my siblings and I am so excited for Mylie and Blake to have that. 7:00 a.m. is when we are to report to the hospital, nice and early (and of course it is supposed to snow all night!) I am sure my blog will be flooded with pictures in the next few weeks. Jeff s taking two weeks off now and two weeks off in March when I go back to work. I am really excited for the next few weeks of family time.

4 comments:

jonutz gang said...

I was so excited to see your new post because talking to you wasn't enough :). I am thinking of you. Hope all goes well. I love you.

mandijwaters said...

You have probably had Blake by now... but, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts. I can't wait for you to post pics of the new little guy!

Congrats!!

Mandi

UrgentCookie said...

Can't wait to see some pics of this precious gift from heaven. You are in my thoughts. :0)

Anonymous said...

Happy baby! I can't wait to see Blake! I'm sure he's adorable!

Congratulations to your family and you!

sarah