Sunday, February 10, 2008

This might get sappy ...

Yesterday was Jeff and I's 6 year anniversary. When you have a 6 day old baby, there isn't a lot of romance planned for the day. My parents were here to see the baby and we just hung out at home all day, which was fine with us. But I don't need a romantic day to be reminded of how much I love Jeff and how lucky I am to be married to him. In fact this last week has been a perfect reminder of those things. He has waited on me hand and foot since I have been home from the hospital, I don't even think I have made myself a meal. When Blake wakes up to nurse in the night, Jeff rocks him back to sleep afterwards so I can go back to sleep. He is off work for two weeks now and then two more weeks when I go back to work. I am so lucky that he gets the chance to take the time off of work, and I'm so glad that he wants to!

I could go on and on about this man. He is an amazing father! He and Mylie are best buds, they love to do everything together. He has such patience with her and with me. Everything in our marriage and in our home is a partnership. In fact, Jeff does more than his fair share when it comes to things like dishes and cooking and laundry. He is truly my best friend. When Courtney got married last year, I told her that being married was like having a sleepover with your best friend every night. That is so true. There is no one I would rather talk to or hang out with than him. I know I am so lucky and so blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I can't think of a better way to spend your anniversary! Congratulations on the new baby boy AND your anniversary!!

Jessica said...

how cute is that!! Happy anniversary!!

Lori said...

That is amazing! I know, it does come across kinda gushy. But I sometimes think about how blessed I am to have the PERFECT man (for me, at least)... and it often brings to me to tears that the "Big Man Upstairs" cares enough about me to match me up with the right guy! I'm so happy that YOU are so happy!

UrgentCookie said...

I feel the same way about my Jeff. :0)