Last week the kids and I went to Idaho Falls for a week and Jeff joined us for the long weekend. We had a fabulous busy busy time! Here goes the world's longest post. The kids did great on the way over and we stopped to see Dad on the way there. Mylie fulfilled one of her lifelong dreams of going in a Big A truck. She even honked the horn.
Dad, how about this one for your next advertising campaign? Haha!
We went to Grandpa Jack and Mary's for dinner that night. Mylie was so excited to see her cousins and eat chicken on the bone that she puked, three times, all over me. No pictures of that ... ick! Thankfully she was feeling much better the next day. I have a suspicion it was just a combination of being in the car and the heat.
On Friday my Dad's lifelong best friend Pug was getting remarried. My parents were hosting and catering the wedding at my Grandpa's house. Pug had asked if I would take some candid pictures during the ceremony and reception. I simply am a MWAC (mom with a camera) but had fun taking some pictures. I haven't gone through all of them yet, but this is my favorite of the ceremony.
Since my parents were all dressed up I made them pose for a picture as well. They are so cute and happy!
The kids stayed with Holli during the wedding but I went to get Blake a little later. He had fun playing with Papa while I finished up some pictures.
Kelsey and Bailey did some sparklers after the wedding. Sparklers at Westmoreland is a tradition! After that we went to Ben's and watched Goonies in their backyard. Mylie said it "freaked her out!"
The next day was the 3rd, but all the 4th festivities were being held. We went to the parade and Mylie literally took 174 pictures. Whose kid is she?
Blake enjoyed the parade but was a bit wiped out by the end.
We headed back to Grandpa's and had the traditional party! It was such fun. My aunt Jalyn and aunt Dana and her family were there. My cousin Mindy and her family were there and so were Kelsey and Jayme. My cousin Rob and his family popped in too. I haven't seen them in years so it was lots of fun! We also celebrated little Lila's first birthday. Even though it is a month away, we wanted to party while she was here. The big girls enjoying cupcakes!
And Miss Lila daintily eating hers. Don't you just want to eat her up?
Courtney's cupcakes were so darling and Mylie was so proud of herself for putting on the decorations.
The 4th of July also means URAL rides for all the kids. I'm not sure who had more fun, all the kids or Papa? This is Mylie with her "new cousin" Tessa. (The first time she had met my cousin's daughter - they became fast friends!) .
Daddy and Blake. Blake was unsure about it until Daddy went with him. I think he would have ridden all day after that. He loved wearing the helmet and waving at everyone!
Mylie and Addie (her friend who lives next door to Grandpa Hammond).
And Blakey and Eliza!
We went to Grandpa Jack's house to watch the fireworks that night. He lives on a hill outside of town and we get a good view of the fireworks without the traffic. Mylie got quite mad because I told her she had to wear pants. She wanted to show off her cute jammie bottoms, so she put the jeans under her PJs but then thought it looked dumb and got mad mad mad. Papa went in his room and changed, so she would feel better. You should have seen the look on Grandpa Jack's face when he saw Dad in this get up. Priceless! Pretty sure he was thinking, "Craig, what the hell did you do that for!?"
Sunday we went to church with my parents and then prepared for another party. My Grandpa Jack turns 85 at the end of the month but we won't all be there then so we had a dinner for him while we were all there. My goal was to get some pictures of him with the great grandkids (minus Nolan). This is the best of all the shots. But you know what? I love it and am totally printing it and sending it to him. Eliza is cracking me up. Ben always tells me how she hates posing for pictures. However over the weekend I heard her talking about Lady Gaga. So I told her to pose like Lady Gaga and that girl posed all night for me.
The Craig Ritchie family with Grandpa Jack (thanks John!). Blake's finger was in his nose in every single family picture.
Courtney's cute family with Grandpa Jack.
to be continued ....
1 comment:
That is the funniest chicken story I have ever heard. Way to go on catching the chicken. I only wish i could have seen that one. Love you brave girl.
Post a Comment