Thursday, July 22, 2010

36-hour roadtrip

We were off again this weekend. It isn't summer at our house if we aren't gone a lot. In fact, when I picked the dog up at the kennel on Monday and looked at the receipt, I saw that we have had him kennelled for 20 nights since March. YIKES!

We left Friday morning for Salt Lake. We were having an 85th birthday party for Grandpa Hammond and my Aunt Karyn's house in Ogden. We decided to turn it into a weekend. We stopped at Maddox on our way down for lunch (yum!) and then hit Hogle Zoo. Blake was so excited about the "choo-choo!"

We didn't take his stroller at all, and mostly he did good just walking. He got pretty tired at the end though and was begging to be carried. He is not light.

Some of our traditional Hogle Zoo poses ...

After the zoo we headed to our hotel. Recently we have been staying at the Hampton Inn by the airport. They always seem to have great rates, the rooms are super nice and they have a big outdoor pool. All four of us swam for an hour or so and had a great time.

We took a "short cut" to Ogden and drove through Park City. It was such a pretty drive. We got to Karyn's and Jeff and the kids stayed in the pool almost the whole afternoon. No way was Blake getting out, so Jeff was stuck.

Mylie modeling her cute birthday hat. Grandpa getting ready to blow out the candles on his cake.

Grandpa and the kiddos (minus Bruce).

Some of the grandkids.
A few of the in-laws.
And of course, some of the greats. Look how cute Max and Blake are holding hands.


We headed back that night as I had to speak in church bright and early Sunday morning. Blake was asleep before we even got off of Karyn's street, and Mylie soon followed him. We had a great weekend and were so happy to be able to celebrate with Grandpa! I know I am blessed with a fabulous family.

3 comments:

Photo's by Shan said...

Yay! I'm glad you had such a fun trip!!

JCLS said...

Looks like fun.....sniff, sniff

Angie T. said...

I just love family gatherings. It is always fun to get together! Would love to see you again if you are ever in town and have some extra time let me know.