Monday, July 12, 2010

Redfish Lake

I have travelled to a lot of places, both in the United States and out, and I truly believe that Redfish Lake is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. My first memories of camping took place at Redfish Lake, when I was a young child with my parents, Ben, my Grandma and Grandpa Ritchie and sometimes my cousins. I remember paddle boats and ice cream bars.

Every summer it is on Jeff and I's list to go to Refish, but it has been 4 years since we have been. On whim on Saturday night we decided to go on Sunday. It was a long day, we were gone for 12 hours total, but seeing this view made it totally worth it!

Mylie loved every minute of playing in the water. Check out the look on her face, she is so funny!
We took water guns for the kids. Don't you love how Blake is trying to shoot Mylie in the bum?
I'm sure you are wondering where Blake got his great form from. Here is Jeff putting his firearm instructor training to good use!
While the kids played, I took lots of pictures. As I said "Blakey, say cheese." He turned and looked at me and yelled "Stop it!" Haha.
We also took shovels and buckets, which they loved!
The water was a bit cold, but not cold enough to stop them from having fun.
It was funny because as we were driving through the Sawtooth National Forest to get there I opened my mouth and heard myself say, "Mylie, some people don't ever see beautiful things like this. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful state!" It was my voice, but my mom's words that I have heard countless times. Mylie probably rolled her eyes at me, but hopefully someday she'll tell her kids the same thing about living in Idaho.

1 comment:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Mylies little swimsuit is so cute! I've never been to Redfish Lake, but I hear it's awesome. One of these years, maybe we'll make it up there! It was good seeing you guys over the 4th!