Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Star Power!
Mylie wants a bike. She has a late fall birthday, so outside presents aren't as practical then. We have been talking about it for a while now and so last night we made a deal. The thing is that Mylie is a very well behaved little girl, she is happy and helpful and I couldn't ask for more. But, she is 3 1/2 and has acted out more since the baby was born. So last night we told her that she could get a bike but that she has to earn it. It would cost her 15 stars. Every day she can earn one star if she is a good girl. There is a star chart now at our house. I told her that it would start tomorrow (today). This morning she comes upstairs with a big smile on her face talking about how she will earn her star. I mentioned to her yesterday that it makes me happy when I ask her to do something and she says "Sure Mommy!" instead of arguing with me. So this afternoon she says to me, "Mommy, do you need me to do anything so I can say 'Sure Mommy' and go do it? Needless to say it was a wonderful, happy, low stress day at our house. I think the star chart is here to stay, even after the bike!
And seriously, could you say no to this face?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh my, she's just GORGEOUS!! Great photos, too. Have a great day!
Steph, Mylie is so awesome. I would love to hear sure mommy when I tell my kids something. Trysten did tell me yesterday he thought I was beautiful. Guess that counts. Good job on that one she is awesome
I love reading about you and your family. She is beautiful. We just love Darcy and Teagan is sooo sad that they are moving away. I've been meaning to tell you that your photos are great by the way!
mandi
what a great idea. good luck mylie!!
Seriously, where can I get me a little girl like Mylie?! How great that she's asking for things to help out with!! I just have a feeling that when I have kids, they're going to be little sh*ts! Mark informs me that he was a little fart...and we strongly believe in karma--what goes around, comes around. So I don't think we'll be so lucky to have such well behaved kids. Oh well. Oh, and if you go private, I'd love for you to add me! I love seeing your cute kiddies, and all the funny things Mylie says! My email is lachelleras@hotmail.com
Nope, I could not say no to that face. So precious!
Post a Comment