Jeff and I had tenatively planned a couple family camping trips for this summer. We decided we ought to have a trial run in the backyard. Jeff and the kids got the tent set up. We took out some camping snacks, got in our sleeping bags ...
After the kids got in and settled I looked out the back window. Bosco was outside and he seemed very interested in something on the porch, under the table. I thought it was one of Blake's toys, but I went out to look and jumped ... when I did, this started to hop away!
Saturday, Jeff, Mylie and Grandpa Breach went to the movies to see Karate Kid. Mylie loved it and is ready to buy it. We had a kick-back rest of the day and then watched It's Complicated (hilarious) after the kids went to bed.
Today was nice, Mylie was excited to sing in Sacrament Meeting. It is funny, because Jeff often (OK constantly) makes up funny songs about Mylie. Some of them (most of them) are in a teasing manner about stinky feet or toots or something like that. She always replies with an exasperated "Daddy!" Well, Jeff is a teaser all around and he told her that the Bishop called him to see if he would sing a song about Mylie in church today. She was a bit nervous as Daddy was practicing some of his masterpieces in the car on the way to church this morning. When we got to church and looked at the program I told her, "Oh no! They forgot to put Daddy's name on the program!" She sighed a big sigh of relief and then enjoyed the rest of church.
Blake is FINALLY enjoying nursery. Jeff and I used to be the nursery leaders and he loved it then, but since we have been released (January), today was probably only the 3rd day he has stayed in nursery. Hallelujah!
I definitely feel blessed today, knowing what an awesome daddy my kids have. Mylie brought all of his presents to him in bed this morning and has been making cards for him all afternoon. He is a wonderful man and I am glad he is mine. I'm so lucky to have an awesome dad myself. He has helped shape the person I am today and I love him so much. I have two wonderful grandpas and a wonderful father-in-law. I am a lucky lady. At dinner tonight, Jeff thought since it was father's day we should spend the time telling Mylie more about our dads and what they were like when we were kids. It was a lot of fun talking and answering her questions.
Great weekend! It was nice to be home and have no real plans. I wish the weekend were about 4 days longer (well mine is), but we miss Jeff while he is at work!
No comments:
Post a Comment