Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Monday was just one of those fabulous days at our house. I got up early and got a bunch of grading done before the kids got up and Jeff decided to take the day off. All 4 of us went to lunch, did some shopping, stopped and picked up buy-one-get-one-free milkshakes at Sonic. It was a beautiful day with blue skies and sunshine. When we were driving home Mylie asked if they could run through the sprinklers ... why not!

The kids dug their suits out, I got sunscreen on them, Jeff turned the sprinklers on, and I set up our chairs. Blake was not sure what to think about the whole thing. He did not think it was a good idea.
Mylie on the other hand, was loving life!!

Blake got a little brave.
But he had to chill with Daddy for a bit.
Daddy "helped him" be brave.
And then there was no stopping him!!
Even though our summers are still busy, I love having mellow hang out days. I love spending time as a family. I love that my kiddos have a super dad ... one that will run through the sprinklers with them in his clothes (and then throw me in!). I love that of all the things we could do, the thing our family wants to do the most is hang out together. And I love that.

2 comments:

Photo's by Shan said...

Cute kiddos! Is it even warm enough yet to run through the sprinklers?? LOL!

Jessica said...

such a cute family you are!! Blake is getting so big! where does time go?