Saturday, March 6, 2010

Magical!

One of my favorite moments at Disneyland came after Mylie and I stood in line for a long time to meet the princesses. She was excited, but getting restless. Its a long time for a little one to wait. But then, we turned the corner and saw the princesses ... first Jasmine, then Sleeping Beauty {and her prince} and then at the end, her most favorite princess in the whole world ... Snow White. She was so excited! When we got to Snow White, she went up to her and told her that she is her favorite princess. I happened to catch just that moment. I can't wait to blow this up big and hang it in her room.

As we were driving away from Disneyland on Thursday afternoon, Jeff asked me if it was what I remembered. This was my third trip to Disney, the first when I was 7 and the second a few weeks before my 17th birthday. I told him it was different. When I went last it was about the rides and the roller coasters. This time, it was about the magic, about watching my children's eyes light up. This was Jeff's first trip to Disneyland and I asked him if it was what he thought it would be. He told me {as I had guessed} that he liked it much more than he thought he would. We talked about how it is so happy and magical without being hokey or cheesy.

It was, without a doubt, a perfect vacation. Thank you Mom and Dad, for helping to make it possible! Thanks to my sibs and their families for being so much fun! We have been planning this trip for what feels like forever. We started planning in July of 2008, while sitting in a hotel room in Jackson. We have planned and saved and looked forward to this so much!

When we were walking out of the park on Thursday afternoon Mylie started crying. Not bratty, tantrum crying, but broken hearted tears rolling down her face because she didn't ever want to leave Disneyland. That made me start crying too. We will definitely be going back!

3 comments:

The Hawks Family said...

So sweet. The picture of mylie and snow white is priceless. Glad you have so many happy memories and knowing you ... caught all on film.. Can't to hear more!

Mindy said...

The picture with Snow White is just postcard perfect!! So glad you all had fun and your family made it!

jonutz gang said...

I am so glad you had fun. Man you guys deserved it. It is a magical place isn't it. I love it there.