Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reasons I can't wait for vacation...

We are getting closer and closer to our big Disneyland vacation and I cannot wait. I was thinking about some of the reasons why ...
  • Road trips. I simply love road trips. Put me in a car, with a big ol' diet coke and some good music and I am good to go. I'm pretty sure this is a genetic trait passed on to me by my mom.
  • No rushing to go our separate ways. It seems like mornings aren't a lot of fun some (most) days. We are all rushing to go our separate ways. We are rushed, which often means we are grumpy. Although I don't anticipate any sleeping in on our trip, I love the fact that we will all be rushing off together.
  • Long talks with Jeff. Honestly a long road trip is the best time to just talk and talk and talk. I'm so looking forward to that.
  • Reunited and it feels so good. Although it has only been since October since our whole family was together, I miss them! I miss all of us being together and laughing. I haven't seen either of my sisters since then, way, way, way too long!
  • Kiddos. I *love* being an aunt. It is one of my favorite jobs. I haven't seen Darcy, Max & Eliza since December and I haven't seen Lila baby since October. Oh little Lila, who was a two month old little baby and is now a babbling, giggling 6 month old. I can't wait to kiss her little cheeks and smell her baby goodness.
  • Cousins. I miss the kids, but oh how Mylie misses all 4 of her cousins. She talks to them on the phone and talks about them all time. For as much as I miss the kids, I think Mylie misses them more. Her cousins are her very best friends.
  • Her face. I can't wait to see the look on Mylie's face the first time she sees a princess. I hope my camera is ready at that moment.
  • Their faces. I can't wait to watch the look on my parent's face as they watch their grandchildren have a magical trip. So reminiscent of the Disneyland trip my grandparents took us on 17 years ago.
  • The pictures. Yes, I'll admit that the first items on my packing list aren't clothes or things for the kids. It is my camera, lenses, extra battery, battery charger. I cannot wait to capture this trip.
  • Sun. Oh how I hope there is sunshine on our trip. We haven't had sun in weeks, blasted inversion. The fog outside has made its way to my emotions and I feel like I am in a fog. I need sunshine outside and sunshine in my soul.

The countdown is ON and we CAN'T WAIT!! Dear world, please note that I will be unavailable for a week. I won't be grading your papers or tests. I won't be dealing with your children who broke the law. I won't be chairing meetings. I most certainly will not be doing paperwork. I will be in the happiest place on earth with my most favorite people. It is much anticipated and much needed.

4 comments:

JCLS said...

I LOVE this post! I cannot wait and hope next week flies! Love yoU!

The Hawks Family said...

Your going to have so much fun..

Jessica said...

Steph, you are so cute! Love your posts, you have to be the best aunt and mom! have such a great time, don't forget your credit card, you spend WAY more than you expcet :) Have a BALL with everyone!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Reasons I am jealous of you:
You're going to sunny Cali
You're going to Disneyland
You're going on vacation

etc. etc. etc.