Monday, March 8, 2010

Vacation, part 2 {the beach}

After lunch it was off to the beach. I love the beach, I really do. It has been 3 years since we have been to the ocean. Mylie was Blake's age at that time.

We headed to Huntington Beach. Max, Bailey, Mylie and Jeff went out to collect shells.

Blake and Eliza were very happy to play in the sand. I took Blake out into the water once, but he wasn't a big fan.

Oh how I love this little boy and all his expressions!

Mylie was off with Jeff the whole time (they are in the middle there) collecting shells. They walked all the way to the other side of the pier. {Take note of the restaurant at the end of the pier there, I'll come back to that.}

Blake was in heaven with a whole beach full of sand, a shovel and a bucket. Fill it up, dump it out, repeat. He was so covered in sand, there may still be some in his ears a week later. He and I saw a guy driving a big remote control all over the beach and he was so fascinated watching it.

After a few hours, Gramma, Papa, Courtney, Jason and Lila arrived at the beach and the whole Craig Ritchie family was reunited after 6 months. What a fabulous feeling to have everyone together.
We played for a while longer at the beach and then got the kids all dried and into warmer clothes and headed down the pier to Ruby's, a 50s diner right at the end of the pier. There were burgers, shakes, onion rings, great conversation and lots of laughs.
After dinner {and once again, grateful for the GPS} we all headed to our hotel. Gramma did good, we were right across the street from Disneyland. Could it really be? Only one more sleep 'til Disneyland??

1 comment:

The Hawks Family said...

loving it gotta read on it's almost like twilight series.. lol.. I want to go to the beach