Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Tale of the Tires

I realize I have blogged about tires before, but apparently I am going to blog about them again today. Remember, I am the granddaughter of a tire man. I should be predisposed to good cosmic luck with tires. But really, I don't have any luck with tires. In my pre-Jeff days, I used to always get flat tires at work. I thought it was because of the gravel lot of our office. However, in retrospect, it might have not only been the parking lot.

I had what I thought was a slow leak on my tire so I took it in to our friendly tire shop {which by the way if you are in the area, we have had FABULOUS service from Bruneel Tire in Caldwell}. I anticipate this to be a quick little trip, patch it up, call it good. But no, they take a look at it, and the inside was all torn up and the tire needed to be replaced ... did I mention it was only 349 miles out of a 40,000 mile warranty? Sigh. Of course while we were there my other 3 tires were at minimum tread and so I ended up with a lovely spring break present of 4 new tires today.

These are the funny parts of the story. We bought this car in 2005 and these are tires #9, #10, #11 and #12. I need a punch card or something (buy 9 get one free). The funnier thing (at least to me) is I was talking to the guy there (who I don't know) when I picked up my car and going over the warranty and I made some comment about me and tires and he said, and I quote, "Ya, I recognize your car!!" Yikes.

Jeff has become a pro at changing tires. Oh how I am grateful for my wonderful mother-on-law who taught him to change a tire. That man has changed my tires so many times. He can put the spare on very quickly ... at the gas station, on the side of the road, in the parking lot, on the Ashton hill. Sigh. He is a good man. To sum it up, the other day I mentioned to Jeff that I had now had my driver's license for 19 years. He quickly replied by saying, "And obviously that hasn't been long enough!"

2 comments:

The Hawks Family said...

good one Jeff! That is alot of tires lady.. Hee Hee..

Angie T. said...

Hmmm...I see things haven't changed much since high school...lol