Saturday, June 20, 2009

Special visitors

Grandma, Papa and Max came to visit this weekend. It was a pretty fun trip. A few highlights:

*Jeff is taking his black belt test next month so he was practicing his techniques this morning in the living room after his run. Max and Mylie thought they would work on their skills too. Jeff was referring back to his book to make sure he had them all. Max and Mylie kept saying, "We have to look at the book!" Then they would run over and look at it. Max said, "I'll read it. It says, 'kick him until he dies!'"


*The zoo and new trucker hats from Papa.


*Blake loved that he was freed from the stroller for a bit at the zoo. It resulted in only one band aid, not too bad.


*Max was teaching Mylie how to play Star Wars. Apparently Blake was the Jedi Master (he's short, maybe he was Yoda?) Whenever they would talk to Blake they would call him Master. Mylie just adores her baby brother and after a bit I heard her say, "I love you Master." Max quickly told her that she couldn't say "I love you Master" and that this was Jedi Power!

*An early Father's Day party at our house, complete with chocolate cake!

It was a fun Saturday. The weather was in the low 70s and just right. We had a yummy lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ. We love it when Grandma and Papa (and Max) come to visit!

No comments: