Monday, June 22, 2009

Kids!

**The day started early, around 6:30, with Mylie yelling at me, "Mom! Why didn't you make your bed?" I responded by telling her, "Because I am still in it!! Go back to bed!"

**Mylie fell off a swing onto the concrete today while at daycare. Luckily I was close by and went over to get her. Poor thing has a massive bump on her head. It broke me heart to listen to her sob and then to have to leave to go to class tonight. Jeff said that watching the movie "Annie" may have made it all better. I just went to go in to wake her up (to make sure she doesn't have a concussion). She got pretty mad that I was waking her up, so I guess that is a good sign.

**Blake has figured out how to undo the gate. Thanks to Jeff's quick thinking, it is now on backwards, so he can't reach to undo it. He is a mischievous little dude.

**Blake is trouble. We have our ottomans strategically placed to keep him out of trouble (its not working). But now he can climb over them. He knows he is not supposed to so he does it really fast. Its like he throws this little body over them and lands on his head or flat on his back and then just lays there and giggles. He is fast and now runs away from me.

**On Saturday, while my parents were here we went to the zoo. They have a merry-go-round there. Papa took Mylie and Max and then Jeff took Blake. Blake was kind of mellow during the ride, he would occasionally give me a half grin when he passed by. But when the ride ended Blake started crying/wailing. Jeff got him off the merry-go-round so we could go see the rest of the animals and Blake literally threw himself down on the ground. He is only 17 months old! Mylie was not a tantrum thrower, but she was also talking a lot by this age. I am wondering if this is his way of expressing himself? No clue. I know its not funny, but really, it was kind of funny.

No comments: