Saturday, November 8, 2008

Birthday parties are too much fun!

Today was Mylie's birthday party (her actual b-day is Monday). Last year at her birthday when I was prego with Blake I discovered the joys of "not at my house parties." Last year she invited 2 friends and we went to the movies. This year she invited the same 2 friends and we went to the zoo. I made little bags for each of them. Inside there was a disposable camera, zoo stickers, a juice box and candy. Mylie informed Drake not to worry because they were bags, not purses.
But before the zoo we decided we needed lunch. Mylie's choice, of course was Carl's Jr. We had cupcakes and presents there.
Then it was off to the zoo. There was a good chance of rain today but we totally lucked out and it wasn't too bad. This is right before we went in, right after I gave them their bags, which they thought were pretty cool!
The camera idea was a total hit! They loved taking pictures of all the animals (and each other). Mylie has had disposable cameras before, but the other 2 couldn't figure out where the pictures were. It was so cute, they kept looking at the back of the camera waiting for the pictures to appear. I had to explain to them their moms had to take the cameras to WalMart to get the pictures out.
Blake was pretty bundled up, but no complaints from him.
So stinking cute! Alicia, I wish I would have had my camera out when they were walking and holding hands.
Mylie was puckering up to lay one on the penguin ...
but then decided that a hug would do.
"Say cheese Mom!"
They had so much fun, they didn't even complain about the cold.
This one just made me laugh.
This was right before we all got back in the car. (You should see how 3 booster seats look in my backseat. Yikes!) They all were yelling "This is the best day of my life!" Awwwww.
It was such a great party and I know that Mylie had a spectacular time. All 3 kids were so well behaved, it was a pleasure to spend the afternoon with them. She definitely has good friends.

6 comments:

jonutz gang said...

It would be a dream to swing a two week trip there. Ok the song was awesome. Glad the party was good two friends was a good choice. They looked so happy. How did you fit three car seats and Blake's?

Mark and Lachelle said...

That's awesome! The zoo, disposable cameras, and bags (not purses)! What more could a little kid ask for?

holly said...

what a great idea, it looks like they had fun!

AO said...

What a TOTALLY awesome, awesome idea! Seriously.... and the "bag versus purse" comment...classic.

Steph said...

Sarah -- 2 cars, lol! Jeff had to take Blake in his car and meet us there.

The Hawks Family said...

They looked like they had so much fun.. I need copies of those pictures and Mrs photographer you need to take our family shots. PLEASE PLEASE That little boy is awful handsome.. Who is he??