Mylie has had a rough week (can't you just tell from the look on her face?) She seems be suffering from seperation anxiety. Sunday they had to bring her to me from Primary (that has never happened) and on Monday, Alicia said that she cried (sobbed) for 20 minutes in the afternoon because she missed me (also has never happened). She woke up last night with a tummy ache and later threw up. This morning she seemed so much better, so we went to Daniel's birthday party as planned, did a little shopping at Target, and then when Daddy got home from work, we went went to Grandma and Grandpa Breach's for dinner. She was so happy to see them, to play, and then later to puke all over their floor. Poor baby. Can I just tell you how much I love Jeff's parents? They love Mylie so much. Mary called shortly after we'd gotten home from their house, just to make sure Mylie was ok. She sent Mylie home with a can of Sprite and a Dora paper cup so she could drink it tomorrow to feel better. Ya, Mylie thought that was pretty cool.
Blake is an easy baby, but newborn babies are a lot of work. He will take formula, but I am trying to nurse as much as I can when we are home. I told Jeff tonight that I feel like a milk cow. He just laughed. Jeff's job is going awesome and he is really happy with it. It is nice to have him home at night, though he is pretty wiped out by the time he gets home. This man has so much dedication. He gets up at 5 a.m. so he can work out for an hour before he leaves for work. Everyday. Only screaming kids can get me out of bed at 5 a.m.
4 weeks was definitely not long enough of a maternity leave. I have now been back 4 weeks and it has been hard. Even though I only work part-time. Even though I can take the baby with me. I feel like I have only been able to accomplish surface tasks, or things that immediately need done, thus leaving a huge pile of other things that need to be done, things that are still very important, just not as urgent. Yesterday was a bad day with a significant problem on a case resulting in me crying, feeling like a failure at everything ... starting with work, then moving onto my skills as a mother, my housekeeping skills and basically as a woman in general. Thankfully everything looks better in the morning. Damn hormones.
Will my house ever stay clean? I try, I really do. The number one thing at our house that is annoying me is Mylie's soon to be bedroom ... still in limbo, clearing out, donating, consolidating and getting ready to paint. But it seems like such an overwhelming task that my motivation is low. The second thing annoying me is Jeff and I's room ... it just feels like we are bursting at the seams. I love this house and we intend to stay here for a few more years, until Mylie is close to starting school. It seemed so big 6 years ago ....
And very randomly ... I totally miss my Mom this week. Not that she is gone or that I haven't talked to her ... I just miss her. I think it is because although I have seen her recently and quite a few times in the last few months, every time has been so quick, maybe only a day. So while we have had a good quantity of visits, I just need a quality visit.
And honestly, I'm not complaining, just trying to capture how I feel right now. I hope I am not the only one that struggles. I love Mylie and Blake more than my own life, but being a mom is a hard job. It is definitely worth it though. So all I can say right now is thank goodness it is Friday, that we have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend, that neither Jeff or I have to work. Thank goodness for weekends when the 4 of us can relax and reconnect and recharge for the upcoming week.
5 comments:
So you are absolutely normal. Life get so complicated, tiring, wearing, and plain out hard with kids. And more complex with two. My house is hardly ever clean yet I feel I clean it every day or I do. Sometimes I hide from my kids for a break (when they are fighting) and then there is silence until I step back in the room. I would like just one time to ask Trysten to do something and him say sure mom whatever you need. Instead of a million reasons why he can't. Wow you really brought something out in me. Anyway it's normal and I am so sorry you are going through it . I love you. Hang in there and call.
I am so glad you feel like a crazy woman too. You always seem like it's all under control so you might feel crazy inside it doesn't show. You are doing an amazing job at the hardest job any of us will ever have. We all have to let it out every now that then. Talk with you soon.
Hey Stephanie, amen sista! Those little stinkers sure have us wrapped around their little fingers. I love the soccer videos, Mylie sure is cute, I love how she carries the ball around, so funny! I wish you were closer so I could have Mylie come play with my girls.
I hear ya Steph! I only have 1 and I wonder how people juggle life with kids!
I couldn't have said it better myself. Wasn't it so easy to just go to work every day and only have to worry about yourself? I didn't know how easy I had it then. Kids are great, but life has never been harder. And I'm not working. So hang in there you superwoman!!
Post a Comment