Sunday, March 16, 2008

6 weeks later ...

Blakey is six weeks old today which seems so crazy. On one hand it went so fast, on the other it seems like he has been a part of our family forever. He is such a little cutie and I just love him to pieces. Poor baby has a cold, which of course started the day we were leaving for Idaho Falls. He didn't sleep well at all while we were there (could have been Papa's snoring) and was a little grumpy in the car, but otherwise it was a good quick trip. Mylie had a lot of fun and was such a good girl while we were there. She had fun showing off her baby brother, playing in the snow and being the center of attention. She is such a special kid and I love her so much! She is very relisient which is a good thing ... she forgives me when I lack patience! She is also so darn funny. Last week we got girl scout cookies and so we have been snacking on them all week. This afternoon she came upstairs to tattle on Jeff. "Mom, Daddy won't let me have any girl stout cookies. He can't have girl stout cookies, he's a boy. He can only have boy stout cookies!" I love how she makes me literally laugh out loud everyday.

Jeff starts his new job tomorrow morning. He is excited and I am very excited for him. It will be a big change for our family. In all our years of marriage, we haven't ever had a regular schedule. I'm excited for him to be home at night, to have dinner together as a family every night. But it will be odd to have him back to work tomorrow. I thought about it and in the last 6 weeks, Jeff has worked a total of 8 days. Family medical leave is an awesome thing and I think it is so neat that dads can take advantage of it so they can be home when a new baby comes. I was telling my Grandpa Hammond about Jeff being able to take this leave and I think it just blew him away that something like that is available for fathers. Mylie, Blake and I will also be doing some adjusting this week too. Jeff is a huge help when he is home and we will miss him for sure! I have two days of Court this week and will probably be taking Blake to work with me in the day and then doing the baby swap with Jeff at 5 (Court doesn't start until 5:30). It will be so nice that our offices are in the same town, in fact only a couple blocks apart. Things just have a way of working out.

3 comments:

jonutz gang said...

Hey, good to hear from you again. It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I am glad, there is nothing better than spending time together as a family. Good luck with Jeff's new hours. How I long to have Thayer home for dinner. Your a lucky girl.

Andrus Family said...

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Before we know it our kiddos are gonna be 1!

Ashlee said...

Time does fly!!! I'm sure it's been awesome having Jeff around during the first little while. I never had that luxury!