Monday, March 3, 2008

We are blessed!

Sunday was Blake's blessing day at church. It was such a nice day. Jeff gave him a wonderful blessing and we were glad to have Papa, Uncle Ben, Shane, Chad and our Bishop there to help. Blake was so good during church and didn't cry at all. Afterwards everyone came over to our house for lunch. We had a full house, but it was so much fun. We missed Papa Hammond and Papa Breach, but were so glad to have Papa and Grandma, Grandma Breach, Great-Grandma Breach, Ben and Holli and Devin there as well as Mel and Carey's families. Mylie holding Blake wearing his "handsome pants."
Our first family picture with all four of us.
Papa and Grandma and all the grandkids. I was counting the other night and Blake is the 34th great-grandkid on the Hammond side and the 6th great-grandkid on the Ritchie side. I'm not sure about the Breach side. I'll have to ask Jeff's grandma.
Ben and Holli and the kids were here for the whole weekend and it was so much fun. We absolutely love hanging out with them and I love watching all the kids play together. It was about 60 on Friday so we spent some time at the park that afternoon, the kids had so much fun and I think it was great for them to burn some energy. On Saturday we hung out all day and then that night we made tacos at our house and just hung out. I told Max we were having a party, and he corrected me and told me we were having a fiesta! What a funny kid. Mylie hated to see them leave, but luckily it is less than two weeks until we see them again.

I do feel quite blessed right now. I have two happy and healthy kids, a wonderful husband, we both have loving and supportive families and spring is just around the corner ... could it get any better? And then it did ... last week Jeff got offered a new job. He had not applied, but was recruited for it. He has been working for the Sheriff's office for the last year and a half. It was the job he was sure he wanted, but it just didn't turn out like either of us expected. Instead of staying on patrol, he was moved to the jail and for the last 9 months has been working the night shift 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. I had no idea what a toll this could take on all of us. He is so tired all the time, he worked 4 days on and days off, so his body never really adjusted to a schedule. We saw him maybe 2 hours a day and that was tough and it has been hard too with a new baby at nights and no help. But we were looking at the big picture figuring things would get better soon. They did. On Thursday he was offered the job as the supervisor over the Misdemeanor Probation Department in Canyon County. The pay is more, the hours are regular, his commute is cut in half, and I will never have to spend another Christmas alone while my husband is at work. We are so excited! His new office is about two blocks from my office, so we can even go to lunch together, LOL! Jeff will excel at this position. Probation is what his background is, he worked as a felony probation officer for 7 years prior to going to the Sheriff's office. It looks like he will have about 9 people working under him and that the department supervises about 1400 people on probation. He starts on March 17th, and what is perfect about that is that he is paternity leave right now (because I go back to work tomorrow), so for his two weeks notice, he is off. Like I said, we are blessed!

5 comments:

Karyn said...

What wonderful news. I am so happy for your family.
Aunt Karyn

jonutz gang said...

That is awesome. It's amazing how much the Lord takes care of us. Blessings come in so many ways and sizes. How about that better pay so when does that happen?:). I am glad you had an awesome blessing wish I was there. Thanks for always being at mine. You are one of the best friends a person could ask for and I couldn't be happier for you. Love you

The Hawks Family said...

CONGRAULATIONS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS. NO MORE NIGHTS FOR JEFF THAT WILL BE GREAT FOR ALL OF YOU.. I LOVE BEING A PART OF YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY AND CAN'T WAIT TO START TAKING CARE OF THE LITTLE MAN. CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB ..ALICIA

Jessica said...

The pictures from the blessing are so cute! Isn't having family together the best (we wish we had some coming to visit us, we are jealous!!) Congrats on the new job, that is fantastic!!

UrgentCookie said...

Blakey looks so cute in his blessing outfit! The pic of Mylie and Blake is precious!