Friday, September 3, 2010

More changes!

What a week it has been! Not only did Mylie start Kindergarten, both kids started a new daycare on Wednesday. They will be going three days a week. Blake will be in a preschool class there. They had a great first week. They stayed busy with lots of activities. It may take Blake a few days to adjust to a structured preschool environment, but his teachers say he is doing great. They are looking so grown up to me!



The other HUGE change this week is that Mylie will be riding the bus on the days she is at daycare. I wasn't too nervous about the bus ride there as it is only Kindergarteners on the bus and she gets picked up right at the daycare. (Plus there are 4 other kids in her daycare class that are in her Kindergarten class.) But the ride home made me a bit nervous! I went to the school on her first day home on the bus to watch her get on the bus and see how the whole bus routine works. They have the kids very organized to get on the bus, but there are a LOT of kids. And goodness, those 5th graders look big compared to the Kindergarteners.

I had a minor (OK major) stress attack about her not knowing which stop to get off at since it was her first day of dayare too. I nicely asked the other kids in her daycare class to make sure she got off the bus, probably embarrassing her to death. I watched her climb on the bus and I then got in the car and cried. I think the whole bus thing stressed me out more than the first day of Kindergarten.

But she made it just fine. She said the bus was loud and some of the big kids didn't listen and were standing up. She also told me she heard a bad word. I started to get nervous, not the first day! Luckily for me, the really bad word was "meanie." I can live with that.

Lots of adjustments this week, today we have to say goodbye to Alicia and the boys, that is not going to be easy. I am happy to see that the kids seem to be adjusting well though. As exciting as this week was, I am glad it is over. I have been so stressed all week long!

No comments: