Saturday, August 21, 2010

Yay for Saturday!

Jeff and I were both SO ready for the weekend to get here! Hooray for Saturday! Our agenda today included Helen's birthday party for Mylie and a Mom & Dad date for Blakey. I realized that he doesn't get to do much with just us without his sister. Jeff planned something totally fun! Mylie got all dolled up for the party and I went out to take pictures of her. I wanted to snap a picture of Blake, but he did not want to cooperate with me. The only way I could even get him to LOOK at me is when he was fake shooting me with the hose.

Mylie of course was totally willing to pose. I really want to see pictures from both her grandmas in Kindergarten. Something about this picture made me want to process it like an old photo. Sigh, she is so cute!

Mylie was off to the party at Helen's. Jeff told Blake yesterday we were going to ride the paddleboats. Blake hasn't been able to stop talking about boats for 2 days. He was excited and LOVED it! He steered and Jeff and I paddled (peddled?).


We saw lots of ducks and geese!
And some really big fish! If you ask Blake how big the fish was he spreads his arms really wide. He is already perfecting his fish stories!

He looked so cute in his little life jacket, but of course he wanted to look at the boats, not at Momma.

It was funny to listen to him without Mylie. He asked for her about 167 times. As soon as we got off the boat he was talking about Mylie, boat, and duck. I'm pretty sure he couldn't wait to tell her all about his adventures. Even though they had only been apart 2 hours, they had a big hug when they saw each other. They are such good friends. Mylie going to school will be an interesting experience for him too!!

No comments: