My agenda for Monday looked like this:
- go with Jeff to get his skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) area removed from his back
- start a new semester at CWI teaching 12 credits
- find a new daycare STAT!
Momma was a little stressed. Jeff's procedure went fine. They took a chunk out and he has stitches, but all appears to be well. What he wasn't aware of until yesterday was that he can't lift weights for a month. It is going to be a long month. I feel so bad for him, it would be the equivalent of someone telling me I couldn't take pictures for a month, or blog for a month.
I got all my online courses up and going yesterday and then my traditional course started today. It will be another good semester, just a busy one.
We spent the afternoon looking at daycares. I had the whole gamut of stress on Sunday. What if we couldn't find one with any openings? How can Mylie handle starting school and changing daycares the same week? Etc, etc, etc. But we had a really positive experience and found a daycare center that we are really happy with. The kids will start next Wednesday, so Mylie will have a couple of days of Kindergarten under her belt before starting her new daycare. Blake will be in a preschool type setting, which I believe will really be helpful for his speech. Mylie will now have to ride the bus (yikes!) the three days a week she is at daycare from the center to the school and back. This was another stress I was not prepared for, Alicia's house and our house are both near the school so we would be walking or driving.
But all I can do is take deep breaths and move forward. I'm taking the kids tomorrow afternoon over to the daycare center to see it and so they can meet their teachers and see their classrooms. Mylie will find out on Thursday who her kindergarten teacher is, and Monday she is off to kindergarten. It strange that I will have a kid in school, but I am so excited for her! She will love it, I know.
I am hopeful the rest of the week will be less stressful. I'm not working tomorrow so I think after the kids go to bed tonight I will curl up and read "Mockingjay" late into the night.
1 comment:
It's been awhile since I looked at your blog. What a busy mommy you are! And Blake! Man he is SO dang cute and handsome and big! I wished we lived closer so our little guys could get together :) Here's wishing you luck wtih your new adventures. Mylie in kindergarten? Awesome!
Post a Comment