Tuesday, September 22, 2009

There are people in your life

who you really miss when they are gone. I can't believe it has been 3 years that Grandma has been gone. Yet on the other hand, it seems like so much longer than that since I have talked to her. I still miss her so much. I love this picture, taken just about 6 weeks before she died.

Sometimes when my parents are on vacation and I don't talk to my mom for a week or so, I have this glimpse into what it must feel like for my mom not to be able to pick up the phone and call her mom and talk anytime she wants. And it hurts.

I'm so grateful to know that I will see her again someday. I'm grateful for eternal families. I am grateful that I had my Grandma for 30+ years of my life and that I have both my Grandpas going on 34 years. I am grateful that my grandparents aren't distant relatives but people who are a very important part of my life. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

jonutz gang said...

you are so lucky to have such a great family. It's a blessing to have such fond, loving, and amazing memories with such a fantastic person. Guess I feel that way about you as a friend. Hope you are doing ok. Call me anytime. I won't have anything profound to say though don't worry I'll cry.