Our first plan was a bike seat for Blake, but much to Jeff's dismay (and after an hour of cursing), it was not going to work with my bike. Onto (the $100 more) plan B - a bike trailer. We (meaning Jeff) got it all hooked up last night. I picked the kids up early at daycare today and we took my bike (now known as "Pinkalicious") and the kids on a ride. Here is little snapshot of them in the trailer.
Jeff didn't think that they needed their helmets in the trailer, I reminded him of a few things, mainly that I hadn't ridden a bike in 10 years, there was a good chance I might be biffing it with his babies in back. Blake, not so much a fan on the helmet, but it looks so stinkin' cute on him!
So off we went! I did not wreck (well I almost tipped over trying to get off the bike when we got home, I am slightly short), the bike trailer stayed attached, Mylie took snacks for her and Blake to share, so they were happy. It was so much fun! I forgot how fun it is to just ride your bike. I think I must have burned extra calories, since I was towing 70 extra pounds. We went almost 3 miles, which I know isn't a lot for people who bike (Jeff usually rides 19 miles at a time). But for me ... I can't think the last time I did 3 miles of anything! We are off to a great start. The next thing on my list is to accessories my bike with a sweet basket on the front.
No comments:
Post a Comment