I noticed a large bird flying low in the yard and thought it was a bit weird. I thought it was much weirder when that same bird FLEW INTO OUR HOUSE. I freaked and started yelling for Jeff. He was in the garage and couldn't hear me so I run to the garage. I look into the kitchen and it is standing in the corner. I run into the garage yelling that there is a bird in the house and Jeff is a bit perplexed. At this point the kids have run into the house so I get them and we go in Blake's room and close the door.
I can hear Jeff in the kitchen talking softly to the bird, who I imagine is a little scared. I peek down the hall and he has the bird in a towel and is headed outside. He is laughing and tells us it is a CHICKEN! Seriously?
We think it belongs to our neighbor behind us (yes, we live in a subdivision), as they have a coop in their backyard. I tried calling them but they weren't home, so Jeff just put it back in their yard. Mylie immediately checked the kitchen to see if it laid any eggs (it did not). I have not stopped laughing all day.
The rest of our afternoon was pretty uneventful, but still lots of fun. We packed a picnic, packed the kids into the trailer and rode to the park and had a picnic. It was so much fun! Mylie was a little concerned that we would find a chicken at the house when we got home, so far we are safe. It is never boring at the Breach house!
1 comment:
It's not everyday, when you get chickens flying into your house!!! I would have fried that sucker up!!!.......too much? Forgive me, I'm pregnant. I love food.
Post a Comment