Sunday, July 12, 2009

The 4th

I really love the 4th of July. I love celebrating America, I love buying cute patriotic outfits for my kids. But really ... I love the 4th of July in Idaho Falls. It just isn't the same anywhere else. The 4th of July will always mean the parade then a big BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It will always mean lots of cousins around, lots of food and lots of laughs. This year was no different.

Mylie and Aunt Bailey at the parade.

Our traditional parade watching spot. I think this same tree is in the background of all my parade pictures.

Cute little man.


For a moment they obliged getting their picture taken together.


But just for a moment ....


My cute boys.


Then it was off to Westmoreland for the BBQ. Scott and Julieanne and the boys were here from Utah. Blake and Marshall are just about a week apart. They were pretty interested in watching each other.


Papa brought the URAL to give rides to all the kids.


Mylie didn't want to go on a ride, but Blake had no fear and went on a mini-ride around the house.


And then devoured an ice cream sandwich.


It was a spectacular day. We made a happy hour run in the afternoon, we went back to Mom and Dad's and hung out and then went to Grandpa Jack's to enjoy the fireworks (without worrying about the traffic).
It was such a fun weekend. I look forward to it every summer. It is hard to believe its been 3 years since my last 4th of July with Grandma. I miss her extra on this day.

2 comments:

Andrus Family said...

I was actually really jealous that Scott and Julianne were up there for the 4th - there's not like being in IF for that holiday. Looks like you guys had a great time!

JCLS said...

Did Blake fall on his forehead?