Saturday morning we headed to Hogle Zoo with Bailey and met Sarah, Thayer, Trysten (6) and Alana (3) there. It has been over 3 years since Sarah and I have seen each other, it was so much fun to be reunited! She and I have this amazing friendship, that it doesn't matter how long since we have seen each other or talked, we pick up like we are living in the same apartment and spending every waking minute together. I miss seeing her more, but also know it doesn't matter where we live or how often we see each other, we will always stay in touch and really know each other. Did I mention that i just love her? Sarah, Jen, Mel and I were roommates for 2 years at Ricks. The 4 of us will be friends forever. It has been 7 1/2 years since we have all been together (my wedding), but I think we need to plan a reunion!
But enough reminiscing. Back to our trip! Mylie was excited about the zoo, Blake was indifferent as long as he was in the stroller.
His excitement did peak when we found the merry-go-round!
Mylie and Alana.
Blakey and super cute Aunt Bailey.
Blakey is a Momma's boy though.
He really liked the gorillas (or being out of his stroller ... one of the two).
After the zoo, we indulged in Cafe Rio (which Sarah first introduced me to years ago). Delish! Then back to our hotel for an afternoon of swimming. Our hotel had a nice outdoor pool and we spent hours just swimming, playing and visiting. It was so nice. Sarah, Thayer and the kids headed back to where they were staying and Jeff, the kids and I took a 5:oo nap. We met Bailey at 8 for dinner at Famous Dave's (notice how there is a lot of mention of food in this trip, hmmmm). It was fun to visit with Bailey.
Sunday morning we checked out and then met Sarah and family at Temple Square. I really love visiting Temple Square, I just have such a sense of peace when I am there. Mylie was really excited to take Daddy and Blake, because they weren't with us last time we went. She is also excited to tell Sister Ball (her primary teacher) about it.

Sarah, Trysten, Mylie and Alana.

The gardens were so beautiful! The kids were so cute smelling all the flowers.

I took a lot of pictures of the Temple while we were there. I think this one is my favorite.

Across the water .. Mylie, Trysten, Jeff (with Blake in tow), Thayer, Sarah and Alana.

Mylie posing. She is good at it.

After spending about an hour at Temple Square, Sarah and Thayer had to leave as they had a long drive ahead of them. We headed over to the Conference Center for a tour. Mylie and I have toured it before, but were excited for Jeff to see it as well. What an amazing building. 1.4 million square feet. Just a little peek from the top of the auditorium.

After our tour we headed home. I drove and everyone slept for quite a while. It was a beautiful thing. It was a great time. I love the uninterrupted family time together.

Sarah, Trysten, Mylie and Alana.
The gardens were so beautiful! The kids were so cute smelling all the flowers.
I took a lot of pictures of the Temple while we were there. I think this one is my favorite.
Across the water .. Mylie, Trysten, Jeff (with Blake in tow), Thayer, Sarah and Alana.
Mylie posing. She is good at it.
After spending about an hour at Temple Square, Sarah and Thayer had to leave as they had a long drive ahead of them. We headed over to the Conference Center for a tour. Mylie and I have toured it before, but were excited for Jeff to see it as well. What an amazing building. 1.4 million square feet. Just a little peek from the top of the auditorium.
After our tour we headed home. I drove and everyone slept for quite a while. It was a beautiful thing. It was a great time. I love the uninterrupted family time together.
{Of course, while Mylie was awake, she did ask countless times if we were there yet. She and I are driving to Iowa with my mom in a few weeks and Jeff and I just kept telling her this weekend was practice for Iowa. I think it could be a long trip. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!}
3 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun! When I talked to Mylie last night I told her the drive to see me was going to take a lot longer than the Utah drive and she said...."I know" like she had heard that a million times. Just keep telling her she gets to see me and the baby and maybe that will help out. Also, Mom said that when they drove to Cali Ben would stop at Redboxes and rent different movies so Max could watch them and thenget new ones at the next Redbox.
I love the butt shot. Thanks beautiful. I had an awesome time with your family. Thanks again for coming up it meant the world to me. You are an awesome friend.
You're turning into quite the photographer! I might have to get some pointers at the reunion.
Post a Comment