This was the first time I would say that Blake was really successful and engaged in riding his bike. Perhaps it is the spiderman helmet?
They both looked super adorable in their Easter outfits. We had stake conference today, which seemed kind of odd for Easter, but it was a good meeting with a good message. Lucky for me Blake had a sugar crash and literally slept on my shoulder for the entire two hours.
After church we went to Grandma and Grandpa Breach's house for Easter lunch. We had a great visit and the kids were happy to see them. We came home and the kids watched "Tangled" (Mylie got it in her Easter basket) and I think I fell asleep. Sigh, I so wish I could get feeling better. This is really sucking all my energy. I honestly feel like I got sick in November and I have never really gotten better. I will get feeling better for a short period of time and then it is back.
I am glad we had the chance to celebrate Easter today and to be able to share with our children why it is an important holiday and what it means to us. I usually get the kids a church book for Easter, but didn't find any this year. Instead I made them both little books with pictures of Jesus and of the Easter story. Jeff and I also wrote to each of them our thoughts about Easter. I want them to know how important Jesus Christ and his Atonement are to us.
Time to get back to grading papers and loading assignments for next week. It is hard for me to believe that there are only three weeks left in my semester. I plan to take a very long nap at the conclusion of the semester. Preferably all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment