Thursday, April 7, 2011

Six Weeks?

Seriously? I just realized that I haven't blogged in six weeks. Six weeks in blogshere is paramount to a lifetime. Now that I sit down to write something that isn't related to the criminal justice system, I realize how much I have missed blogging, and in fact how much I need it. But first a recap ...

This one, amazes me every day.



  • She loves school and continues to do very well.

  • She impresses me with her reading and I can tell she will have a lifetime love of reading like her parents.

  • She started spring soccer (it is cold) and is adjusting. She is on a different team this year and doesn't know any of the kids (most of them are older than her, she has mad skills).

  • I am learning that it is getting a bit tougher for her to adapt to change. (She had a substitute bus driver the other day and for some reason she had a tough time with that.)

  • She packs her and Blake's lunches every day.

  • She would craft all day long if she could.

  • Recently went to her first hockey game.

  • Loves IKEA and going out to eat (also known as a perfect girls weekend!)


This one, makes me laugh every day.


  • He is potty training like a rock star.

  • He starts soccer on Saturday (with his "lellow" soccer ball).

  • His fashion idol is Napoleon Dynamite.

  • Would watch cartoons (mainly "Olivia" and "Max and Ruby") all day long if I would let him.

  • Thinks every baby he sees is "Baby Terling" (his new cousin).

  • Is obsessed with superheros (and underpants with superheros on them).

  • Likes shooting "bad guys, witches, and chickens" with his gun.

  • Still loves to snuggle his mommy.

This one, still makes my heart pitter-patter.

  • He is figuring out what he wants to be when he grows up.

  • He is gracefully and professionally dealing with politics and politicians.

  • He is riding his bike and grateful for the days of sunshine.

  • He is doing PX90.

  • Which means he is losing weight (20 pounds so far).

  • He is reading a lot.

  • He likes to shoot baskets in the driveway.

  • He is taking Mylie to a math night at her school tomorrow.





And me, well, what to say about me ...



  • I am tired ... but I have used 10 pm - 2 am as workable hours for so long, it is hard to give them up.

  • I am excited that spring is getting close. I can hear birds chirping in the morning.

  • I am behind on grading ... but may have accepted the only time I will ever be caught up on grading is at the end of the semester.

  • I am feeling creative - I just can't find the time to do much about it.

  • I think about taking pictures a lot, I just don't do it a lot.

  • I love picking up my kids from school every day.

  • I love visiting prisons and am looking forward to taking students on field trips this month.

  • I am not sure if I am looking forward to taking 8 students to a conference out of state next week.

  • I am wondering how my home office got so cluttered again, when it was spotless two weeks ago.

  • I am *slightly* addicted to Angry Birds, but have been stuck on level 12 on my phone for days now. Sigh.

  • I have been streaming Law and Order SVU at night while I grade papers.

  • I am slowly losing weight (17 pounds, but many more to go).

  • I have cut down on diet coke and LOVE mango peach crystal light in my water bottle.

  • I am realizing that my personality traits may always cause me to struggle with finding balance in my life.

  • My favorite show on TV is Parenthood.

  • Jeff mocks that fact every Tuesday night.

  • I hung up crime scene tape in my cubicle this week.

  • I like my new haircut.

  • I just ate 3 jello cups.

  • I shouldn't do self portraits at midnight.

  • I have probably bored my blog readers (all 2 of them).

Til next time ...

2 comments:

ritchiefam said...

I read your blog. From Ben

Angie T. said...

Mango Peach Crystal Light is my favorite. I too have tried to cut back on the diet coke and replace it with crytal light. I wish I loved plain water...but I don't. You have a darling family.