Thursday, May 5, 2011

I yuv you too Mommy.

When Blake was struggling with his speech I often wondered what it would be like to hear him tell me that he loved me. I vividly remember thinking that and imagining him saying those words. Blake has been a talking fool for the last eight months or so. His vocabulary is growing so fast and in the last month it has exploded even more. He tells me he loves me, he tells me he's mad at me, he tells me he wants a snack, he tells me he wants to ride his bike, in fact, he tells me everything!

But yesterday, he and I were holding hands and walking and I squoze his hand two times (Mylie's and I's secret code for "I love you") and said I love you Blakey. He squoze my hand back and clear as day said "I yuv you too Mommy." Its like at that moment I remembered the yearning I had to hear those words from him. And once again I recognized how far he has come. He is a different little boy now. One who is a sheer pleasure and a total turd, all wrapped into one. And it is delightful to be his mom.

2 comments:

The Hawks Family said...

Steph he totally amazed me when I was down.. He has changed so much.. Those are words any mamma will not get tired of hearing but it's extra special after not hearing them for so long..

Mindy said...

Ahh how sweet!