Today was a different story. Jeff is off on Fridays and I was at work most of the day. Before I went to work I told Mylie she could go in the office and scrapbook and play on the computer. When I got home and noticed that Mylie hadn't put everything away when she was scrapbooking. I went into the office with her to make sure she got everything put away and noticed hair on the floor, hair in the garbage ... who knew that decorative scissors could cut hair? After an extended time-out and losing all her scissors we had a long talk. She had no explanation for why she did it. I explained to her that her hair looked silly and that it wouldn't grow back until she is 6. She looked at me with a very concerned look and said, "I shouldn't have done that!"
Fast forward to later tonight, the kids were in bed and Jeff went in the kitchen to put some cookie dough in the oven (yep, he makes cookies). He gets them on the pan, preheats the oven, and when it beeps he puts the cookies in. Just moments later there is a terrible smell. I ask Jeff if something had spilled in the oven. He goes in and looks ... apparently we were going to have baked football for dessert. Yes, Blake has recently discovered he can open the oven and we are having a problem keeping him (and apparently his toys) out of it. This is what I can't figure out though ... how did Jeff put a cookie sheet in the oven and not notice a FOOTBALL sitting there?
There was a Bosco story tonight too, but my Mom will read this, so I'll spare you the details. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment